Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Wonderboy 3 as a dev cart and glued carts?

Reply to topic
drpepper
Wonderboy 3 as a dev cart and glued carts?
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 4:03 pm

Can Wonderboy 3 be used as a dev cart? It's got the 2 chips except the paging chip (if that's what it is) isn't 315-5208 it's labelled 315-5365.

Also whilest going through my games looking for one with a regular paging chip I discovered that my Bomber Raid was screwed AND glued. It's glued well enough that I couldn't open it with my fingers once the screws were off so I just left it but I thought it was strange because I'd never heard of one being glued before..

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2000 11:20 am
> Can Wonderboy 3 be used as a dev cart? It's got the 2 chips except the paging chip (if that's what it is) isn't 315-5208 it's labelled 315-5365.

Yes - in fact it's identical to my Bubble Bobble cartridge. (See picture linked below to compare.) It's better than the 315-5208 in that it can support ROMs up to 256k (possibly 512k, though I haven't got this to work).

> Also whilest going through my games looking for one with a regular paging chip I discovered that my Bomber Raid was screwed AND glued. It's glued well enough that I couldn't open it with my fingers once the screws were off so I just left it but I thought it was strange because I'd never heard of one being glued before..

Was it an ex-rental by any chance? I've heard of rental stores doing this to stop people tampering with their cartridges.

Mike

drpepper
Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 5:43 am
> > Can Wonderboy 3 be used as a dev cart? It's got the 2 chips except the paging chip (if that's what it is) isn't 315-5208 it's labelled 315-5365.

> Yes - in fact it's identical to my Bubble Bobble cartridge. (See picture linked below to compare.) It's better than the 315-5208 in that it can support ROMs up to 256k (possibly 512k, though I haven't got this to work).

Yahoo!

> > Also whilest going through my games looking for one with a regular paging chip I discovered that my Bomber Raid was screwed AND glued. It's glued well enough that I couldn't open it with my fingers once the screws were off so I just left it but I thought it was strange because I'd never heard of one being glued before..

> Was it an ex-rental by any chance? I've heard of rental stores doing this to stop people tampering with their cartridges.

Hmm could be I got it from a pawn shop but it didn't have a sticker on it and if they did glue it the opened it up and gloed the edges because it's a very clean job.

Thanks allot,
Matt

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!