Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [VGM pack] Tails' Sky Patrol

Reply to topic
[VGM pack] Tails' Sky Patrol
Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:48 am
I'm repacking this.

I've updated the clock to 3579545.

Both packages available in the pending packs include exactly the same vgm files.

http://www.smspower.org/Music/TailsSkypatrol-GG
Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:08 pm
Thank you for this. I had it in my queue of things to do. I'm happy to be spared figuring out the puzzle of the differences between them. If it ended up being too conusing I even considered starting from scratch (it has a memory trigger) and using the files as a secondary check on my work. Most likely I would have used vgm2txt and examined the output.

Happy to be spared the effort. Welcome back.
Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:13 pm
Last edited by sherpa on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ok I'm a bit confused here. The original timestamp for this pack is WAY back in 1993. Did this community exist then? When checking the pack It occurred to me to see if they were frame accurate. They were not, so I reprocessed them. On a casual listen I didn't notice anything too unusal, but more careful attention seems to reveal looping issues in several files. I stopped after the first 5.

The updates hail from 2004, facc barely adjusted anything, so I would say their quality is an accomplishment. I didn't check carefully to see how the different packs compare, but it could be there are better versions available.

I updated the tags with the author names. (Real) They do not have entries on this site

http://segaretro.org/Chikayo_Fukuda

I could not find any source with Kazune Hiiragi's name in Kanji.

She is credited with sound in this game, but in general she is a sound programmer. Not sure her role in this game, likely the same, but I can't confirm.

So this is here just a placeholder. The game doesn't have a hack/trigger (only tested SIMS game that doesn't), but an sms conversion exists, not sure if that would provide a pause hack which would be useful, as other hacks work but might affect the sound in small ways. Could be with a working music trigger, the game over screen is best place to log if you freeze the timer (not tested)

This might merit a redo? Are those timestamps accurate?

update: 2/24 Redone completly from scratch. The title track (1) and ending (16) were retained. In some cases is was just quicker to redo from scratch than to check and compare. Text file is changed to incorporate "unofficial" dates. Timestamps of files do not seem accurate, and their placement on the server ocurred long after they were created it seems. It would have to be at least 1995, since that's when the game was released. Original timestamp of original pack says 1993. Not sure how that occurred.

Once this pack is accepted two files should be removed from pending. In addition, there's an mland theme which is really just a marioland theme in vgm...

karagh, you did not add your name to the pack creator field, but if you did more than just create the image, and it took more than a short while to do, it would be appropriate to add your useername to the pack creators list in the vgm tags and txt.
Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:59 am
Bumping this thread. New version posted. (from scratch).
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!