Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Re: some questions

Reply to topic
Author Message
Limbs a Flyin'
  • Guest
Reply with quote
Re: some questions
Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 1999 1:26 pm
questions from a message i posted on the other forum (+ a few more i thought of on the way), directed to Zoop mainly


that sound you get in various Asterix music pieces, and the title music to Alien3, Prince of Persia and Trivial persuit; the other emus give an annoying rumble from the random channel - what did you do different? some sort of undocumented psg commands? what is that sound anyway, some sort of sawtooth?

did the GG have stereo sound? if so, does anyone know any thing about it, or perhaps they just permanently fixed certain psg channels to either left or right?

gg link games - any plan to add this in future? if so, how does one machine talk to the other, via a certain mem address or ports? any special hardware on the end of these ports etc that have all sorts of registers (knowen or unknowen?)

trivial persuit - this game is too easy! all you have to do is *always* pick 'yes' - is this how the game played on a real sms, or is some sort of emulated random function missing? i dont believe it was coded this way at all! ;)

fm sound - any plans to add a synthesized version to meka? i mean to implement fm in software, instead of relying on hardware

so you work for a game company now.. i suppose you cant tell us the name of it, but could you could estimate how many game companies there are in France? the only one i can think of now is Delphine (they are French, right? ;) i have reason to believe the country i live in has none.. (except for the odd kiddie edutainment producer, perhaps, but thats not in the same league)
 
  • Joined: 24 Jun 1999
  • Posts: 1732
  • Location: Paris, France
Reply with quote
Re: some questions
Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 1999 8:37 pm
Quote
> did the GG have stereo sound? if so, does anyone know any thing about it, or perhaps they just permanently fixed certain psg channels to either left or right?

Massage supports it. It is basically only enabling/disabling a channel for left or right speaker, but only a very few games takes advantage of it (Galaga title screen ?)

Quote
> gg link games - any plan to add this in future? if so, how does one machine talk to the other, via a certain mem address or ports? any special hardware on the end of these ports etc that have all sorts of registers (knowen or unknowen?)

Yes. I think everything is known, but the harder is the synchronization/communication part ;)

Quote
> fm sound - any plans to add a synthesized version to meka? i mean to implement fm in software, instead of relying on hardware

It is planned.

Quote
> so you work for a game company now.. i suppose you cant tell us the name of it, but could you could estimate how many game companies there are in France? the only one i can think of now is Delphine (they are French, right? ;) i have reason to believe the country i live in has none.. (except for the odd kiddie edutainment producer, perhaps, but thats not in the same league)

I'm working for In Utero, don't search, it is a new company.
In France: (sorry for the old name references, but I'm not following the game market since a while :)

Ubi Soft (POD, Rayman 1 and 2)
Delphine Software (Flash Back, Fade to Black, Heart of Darkness)
Adeline Software (Little Big Adventure 1 and 2, Time Commando)
Infogrames (Alone in the Dark, lot of old and cool games, lot of new and crap games like V-Rally 1 and 2)
Cryo (Megarace 1 and 2, Atlantis, Mankind)
Coktel Vision (Inca 1 and 2, crap educational software, I don't make what they made recently)
Kalisto (Fifth Element, Ultimate Race, ..)
Shen, Polygon, In Utero (new companys)
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
  • Joined: 12 Jul 1999
  • Posts: 857
Reply with quote
Re: some questions
Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 1999 7:59 am

Quote
> > gg link games - any plan to add this in future? if so, how does one machine talk to the other, via a certain mem address or ports? any special hardware on the end of these ports etc that have all sorts of registers (knowen or unknowen?)

> Yes. I think everything is known, but the harder is the synchronization/communication part ;)

*apparently* Massage supports it. Maybe v0.9r or 1.0?

Quote
> I'm working for In Utero, don't search, it is a new company.
> In France: (sorry for the old name references, but I'm not following the game market since a while :)

In Utero...
Isn't that a Nirvana album?

Quote
> Ubi Soft (POD, Rayman 1 and 2)

And "Street Racer"

Quote
> Delphine Software (Flash Back, Fade to Black, Heart of Darkness)
And "Another World"
Quote
> Adeline Software (Little Big Adventure 1 and 2, Time Commando)
> Infogrames (Alone in the Dark, lot of old and cool games, lot of new and crap games like V-Rally 1 and 2)
> Cryo (Megarace 1 and 2, Atlantis, Mankind)

And "Dune"! Don't you be forgetting Dune! (the original RPG/Strategy game)

Quote
> Coktel Vision (Inca 1 and 2, crap educational software, I don't make what they made recently)
> Kalisto (Fifth Element, Ultimate Race, ..)
> Shen, Polygon, In Utero (new companys)


-unfnknblvbl
  View user's profile Send private message
  • Joined: 24 Jun 1999
  • Posts: 1732
  • Location: Paris, France
Reply with quote
Video game companys
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 11:42 pm
Quote
> In Utero...
> Isn't that a Nirvana album?

Yes.

Quote
> > Delphine Software (Flash Back, Fade to Black, Heart of Darkness)
> And "Another World"
> > Adeline Software (Little Big Adventure 1 and 2, Time Commando)
> > Infogrames (Alone in the Dark, lot of old and cool games, lot of new and crap games like V-Rally 1 and 2)
> > Cryo (Megarace 1 and 2, Atlantis, Mankind)
> And "Dune"! Don't you be forgetting Dune! (the original RPG/Strategy game)

Ah right, I forgot about it, sorry :)
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic



Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!