Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - 4-in-1 "Ozi Soft" carts are South African exclusives, not Australian exclusives

Reply to topic
4-in-1 "Ozi Soft" carts are South African exclusives, not Australian exclusives
Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:26 pm
Last edited by Tycho on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Hello,

I notice in the "games" section for master system under #, the games are still listed as "Australian Exclusive" in the tags.

It's pretty much been settled that these games are South African, and not Australian. I can verify I haven't ever seen these in Australia, and on the Australian Master System game list I indicated 10 years ago that these were from South Africa.

More information on sega8bit, even the stickers say R (Rand been South African currency, we have the dollar):
https://shinobiman.proboards.com/thread/9949/sweet-bundle-pirate-ozisoft-multica...

Also seems there are at least 10 of these carts (including some that are 8-in-1), the games list here shows just two.

The only unlicensed game released in Australia for the Master System was 4 Pak All Action. This is a compilation of 4 unlicensed games developed in Asia (Most likely South Korea), and published in Australia by HES.

Thanks
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:52 pm
I've amended things accordingly. I guess these first turned up in Australia and the association was formed erroneously.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!