Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear|
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew
Sega 8-bit summer of dumps Part 2: 11 variations & 1 protoPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:39 pm
Last edited by Bock on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
We've got a lot of minor variations today, mostly from Korean dumps, so let's process them in batch. As usual with non-Japanese Asian releases, some of the legal screens have been edited. Please note a few of the dumps include extremely minor differences (Champion Golf coming to mind) that may be due only to bad duplication by Korean hackers. But the sake of completeness we're releasing every dumps we made and rest assured that dumps have been verified the best I can given sometimes hectic conditions.
New Korean dumps:
- Korean version of Ghost House / Yuyryeong-ui Jip (유령의 집) for the Samsung Gam*Boy / Master System
- Korean version of Comical Machine Gun Joe / Komedi Gwonchongsa Jyo (코메디권총사죠) for the Samsung Gam*Boy / Master System
- Korean version of Double Dragon (더블드래곤) for the Samsung Gam*Boy / Master System (Sega logo removed)
- Korean version of Champion Ice Hockey / Ice Hockey (아이스 하키) for the Samsung Gam*Boy / SG-1000
- Korean version of Hyper Sports (하이퍼스포츠) for the Samsung Gam*Boy / SG-1000
- Korean version of Exerion (엑스리온) for the Samsung Gam*Boy / SG-1000
- Korean version of Drol (드롤) for the Samsung Gam*Boy / SG-1000
- Korean version of Champion Golf (참피온 골프) for the Samsung Gam*Boy / SG-1000
- US version Chuck Rock II - Son of Chuck for the Game Gear
- Japanese version Sega-Galaga (セガ・ギャラガ) for the SG-1000, 40k map release variation
- Brazilian version of Predator 2 for the Master System
And finally, a Prototype of R-Type for the Master System stored on one of those epic dual connector prototype board which you can see here (this is the dumping of say prototype). Unfortunately upon inspection by diligent reverse engineer Paul Baker although a lot of the game data have been shuffled around within the ROM image there seems to be no significant game-play change.
That's 12 new releases today! Unfortunately no original games in the lot, but I promise that the following weeks will have their share of nice curiosities!
For those trying to follow our dumps releases history we have a new dedicated page running since a few months.
*EDIT* Apparently the US version Chuck Rock II was already available on the internet previously, so our release is a duplicate. Sorry for that!
Temporary Transitional Attachment FairyPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:42 pm
Last edited by Bock on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
This message will auto destruct itself someday.
The word from PaulPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:43 pm
About R-Type's prototype:
I hope this isn't too disappointing: There are no significant
differences between this R-Type prototype and the final build.
One minor difference is that the prototype's header region contains only
$ff bytes. The final build adds "TMR SEGA", a checksum, a product code
(although the byte containing the high nibble and version number remains
$ff) and a region code & ROM size.
All of the other differences occur at the end of banks - specifically
banks 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, 20 and 31. In each case, the
prototype contains $ff bytes as padding. Although the final build
appears to use this space for additional data, in fact it simply
contains different padding - the data corresponds exactly with the bytes
from the previous bank (or, in the case of bank 2, the bytes from bank
||Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:09 am|
|Awesome as always. Thanks!|
||Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:47 am|
|Strange. I already had the US Chuck Rock II GG-dump.|
||Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 am|
Hmm perhaps it goes released everywhere and was available in GoodGG sets? Can somebody double-check that?
Its quite a common game so I imagine someone could have dumped it (i'm not following Good* sets).
||Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:14 pm|
|I notice that the Chuck Rock II zip file is attached to the post above twice.|
||Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 pm|
|It seems it's available from many places, for example from http://www.doperoms.com/roms/Sega_Game_Gear.html|
||Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:55 pm|
|I added a note about it in the news blurb. Sorry for the confusion.|