Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear|
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew
robotfindskitten port (not tested on hardware)Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 am
Last edited by thematrixeatsyou on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
This port took less than 24 hours. Unfortunately I don't think it waits long enough for the VDP to react properly so expect a screwed up display when trying on the real thing.
Complete with source. If you manage to get it to run on the real thing, please let me know.
A few questions.
1. Should it wait for a vblank before blanking the display?
2. How long do I have to wait after the display is blanked before I get the nice 8-cycle timing?
3. What ports do I have to be careful of with the 29/8-cycle timing, $BF, $BE, or both?
(btw, this is my old nickname, I generally go by GreaseMonkey nowadays.)
EDIT: Link was dead, updated to my current host.
||Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:21 am|
1. No, you can disable the screen any time you like.
2. Not sure - I'd guess pretty much immediately, but mid-frame stuff is likely to look dreadful.
3. The timing is for VRAM/CRAM accesses. Registers are fair game, but changes may not take immediate effect.