Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Auctions thread

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:46 pm
I obtained a GG and small collection of carts from a neighbor who lived in Hong Kong while their son was GG age. The console does work, but the screen is dim (as is known to happen without upgrades). I've listed all of the games on eBay. Some have manuals, some do not. Many are the Japan releases, a few US releases and the one PAL release.

I'm willing to work with the community to get these to good homes, but I'm selling because I need the money. It's not charity. :)

The GG unit itself isn't listed yet. If anybody is interested let me know. I will work out a discount if somebody wants to buy multiple items, which will also save on shipping.

Here's a link to everything I'm selling (more than just GG stuff, but you'll find it all there):
www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=navinman&_sop=10

I'm selling from Pennsylvania, so cheap shipping is available to all US locations. I have 100% perfect ratings as an eBay buyer and seller and have been an eBay member since 2000. I am not a professional seller and just sell what I don't need anymore.

Look forward to working with all of you to get these games into good homes and make some money along the way. Thank you. :)
Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 am
Mega Man proto for game gear :

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Sega-Jeu-Gear-Mega-Man-Prototype-1-Of-A-Kind-1995-Etats-...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 am
Wow, that price is comical.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 pm
Insane prices aren't anything too unusual in the world of protos.

I suppose that is a standard GG dev PCB, but I'm amused by how the traces form the shape of a bird. :D
Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:48 pm
I can say from experience, one must be careful about buying prototypes.

I acquired a proto of Ms. Pacman for the GG. When I finally managed to dump the EPROM via an EPROM/EEPROM programmer I did a hex examination and compared the binary to the already existing Ms. Pacman one floating out there. The EPROM window was also exposed when I got it, which isn't really a good thing..

To my disappointment, the binaries matched exactly. What I had was not a prototype build, rather it was the final build of the game that just happened to be on a dev board. I don't know often this has happened to others, maybe my case was exceptional because my luck is just that good.

I at least got a really cool GG dev PCB out of it (SEGA 1990 171-5986B + 8KB SRAM) so it wasn't all for nothing I guess..

Moral of the story is be careful people, and don't be a sucker for price-gouging either in regard to these protos. Either wait till the price lowers (because its not selling for the insane price the seller originally wanted) or write it off as a historical loss and disregard it all together, its better off that way in my opinion.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 pm
> To my disappointment, the binaries matched exactly. What I had was not a prototype build, rather it was the final build of the game that just happened to be on a dev board. I don't know often this has happened to others, maybe my case was exceptional because my luck is just that good.

That's fairly common. I'm buying prototypes on a regular basis to dump here and half of them are final builds. It also helps that some games have checksums marked on EPROM so I tend to not buy them when I can calculate in advance that the visible checksum matches the final build.

That Megaman one is absolutely silly and I hope no one buys it at this price.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!