Blast meanies and collect power-ups in this playable
conversion of the not-really-that-successful coin-op.
An okay title screen, but no difficulty levels.
Nice and colourful, with little or no flicker, but only average animation.
A good rendition of the coin-op music, with the odd boom and bang in between.
Very addictive at first, because it's easy to get into...
...but unfortunately stays that way, making this a pretty easy game to complete.
Shoot 'em up fans will certainly enjoy this, even though it's pretty easy to complete. If you're a good player, try it out first.
- I was kept at the Sega for a solid few hours before I thought it was time to write something about it.
- Hardened gamesters will find themselves completing this within a few goes.
What we say now
- At the time this kept me occupied for a few hours, but I wouldn't spend that much time playing it now. The shooting action has aged pretty badly and nowadays I'd knock 15% off all the ratings.
- This holds little interest for me now. Granted, it's fast and very playable, but it is way too easy. Take away 10% from each category and I'll be a tad happier with the review.
- Mean Machines Sega magazine Lookback
See more reviews of Dynamite Duke
See the main page for Dynamite Duke