Game for Master System
- GVX32 (Code), cazonato01 (Arrangements)
All weapons avaliable, pause menu completely functional.
New sound effects
Correction of bugs in the previous version.
- Grab on ladders.
- Select between two weapons (Buster and Metal Blades)
- Megaman Sprites load on the fly now. More in line with other Master System Games.
- Since I'm using the extendend resolution mode, now there is very little time in v-blank to update other things beyond megaman's sprtes. So, new tilemap columns are now loaded on the fly, to do this, the engine has always to load map columns in scroll positions multiple of eight, to avoid scroll artifacts.
- First time using sound effects:
-Exting the main screen and selecting a boss.
- Megaman controlable: now It's possible to run and jump. All Metatiles can be solid or background, so no latters, witch makes upwards scrolling impossible. Also, no moveables plataforms. Still, it's possible to "complete" Quickman and Flashman stages, and most of the others by editing the Ram location that contains the maps (starts at $cf00). It's also possible to die by falling into an endless pit, this will just cause the game to return to the main menu.
- There is a small bug that can be trigged by crossing the left limit of the screen. This will be corrected on the next update, also, no source code this time, again, on the next update.
- Music from all stages. Bubbleman and Titlescreen music improved
- Maps Engine: Suports all megaman2 features. It's uses 16x16 metatiles and every map is further compressed with aplib. Metatiles are also compressed.
- It's possible to navigate through the 8 main stages maps using the Dpad, Buttons 1 and 2 doubles the scrolling speed and Start returns to the menu.
- Musics: All musics from menus, introduction and bubbleman stage(which plays in all stages)
- Code completely refactored, it follows now a typical Master System structure, with the first 32k for code, and other banks for resources, such as texts, palette, tiles, maps, etc.
- First music added, it's possible to play and stop Wily's First Stage Theme by selecting wilys logo on the boss selection screen. Music is by Gustavo Firmino Cazonato.
- All bosses have intro animations.
- Woodman uses a custom palette instead of the closest aproximation from NES's palette.
- Few misposition of tiles corrected from the original game.
My Entry to the 2015 competition is my on going port of Megaman 2 on the N*S.
I'm trying to stay really close to the original, so i only advance on my code once I have a good understanding of the original disassembly that I'm converting. That's why it's still on the very beggining. Here is whats work so far:
- The whole opening scene and menus.
- Password system (same as the NES).
- Extended resolution (Only when avaliable, otherise, it will run on the normal resolution).
- Genesis pad when detected.