Sonic Labyrinth v1.1a GG2SMS Conversion by Revo 2017-01-05
- Better adaptation of the Title screen.
- Less garbage screen in the menus.
Sonic Labyrinth v1.1 GG2SMS Conversion by Revo 2016-12-11
- Left blank column active.
- Color update on title screen
Sonic Labyrinth v1 GG2SMS Conversion by nextvolume 2014-05-05
- This is the first release of this patch that allows you to play Sonic Labyrinth, a game released in 1995 by SEGA for the Game Gear, on your Master System.
- The game works well, and is playable, but the screen except for the portion at the center that is what the Game Gear screen used to be, can get very scrambled.
- As said before, that doesn't affect the game's playability, but can be aesthetically unpleasing; this bug may be fixed in a later release of this patch.
- The Game Gear START button is mapped to Button 1 on the Master System, and does what START used to do on the Game Gear (pause, etc.)
- The patch applies to a ROM image of the Sonic Labyrinth cartridge; as far as I'm aware only one version exists of it, and it was released in all territories (Japan, Europe and USA).
- In this archive other than for the IPS format patch, named `labyrinth_sms.ips', you can find the full source code of the injected code snippets that were used to make the patch; this means that if you are technically versed, you can improve the patch yourself.
The Makefile is very simple and easily understood; to build the patch, simply run `make'.
The ROM image must be placed in this directory and named `labyrinth_orig.sms'; the patched ROM afte running `make' will be named `labyrinth.sms'.
The Makefile assumes you are on a Unix-like operating system; if you are on Windows you can try using MSYS or Cygwin.
- The assembler you will need to use is z80asm (http://www.nongnu.org/z80asm/)
- Inject, fixsum and nop were written by me (nextvolume), they will respectively inject a code snippet, fix the ROM checksum and insert NOP instructions in the ROM; do whatever you want with them, but give credit.
See the main page for Sonic Labyrinth (ソニックラビリンス)
Return to the hacks index