10 minutes gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VafnP2fVI-s
Crazy Faces v1 GG2SMS Conversion by nextvolume 2014-05-16
- The game works well and fully playable.
- There are no problems I could detect during my limited testing; if there are, let me know.
- The Game Gear START button is mapped to Button 2 on the Master System, except during gameplay, when it is mapped to the Master System PAUSE button.
- The patch applies to a ROM image of the Crazy Faces cartridge, as dumped by the people at SMS Power; the ROM image can be found on their website - as this is a forgotten piece of software, which never even saw public release, you can consider it to be abandonware.
- In this archive other than for the IPS format patch, named `crazyfaces_sms.ips', you can find the full source code of the injected code snippets that were used to make the patch; this means that if you are technically versed, you can improve the patch yourself.
- The Makefile is very simple and easily understood; to build the patch, simply run `make'.
- The ROM image must be placed in this directory and named `crazyfaces_orig.sms'; the patched ROM afte running `make' will be named `crazyfaces.sms'.
- The Makefile assumes you are on a Unix-like operating system; if you are on Windows you can try using MSYS or Cygwin.
- The assembler you will need to use is z80asm (http://www.nongnu.org/z80asm/)
- inject, fixsum, nop and putstring were written by me (nextvolume), they will respectively inject a code snippet, fix the ROM checksum, insert NOP instructions in the ROM and insert a string in the ROM; do whatever you want with them, but give credit.
See the main page for Crazy Faces
Return to the hacks index