Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucG02GzKjMM
Battletoads v1.1 GG2SMS Conversion by Revo 2016-04-07
- Less garbage screen.
- Color of the flickering (when 60Hz) changed.
Battletoads v1 GG2SMS Conversion by nextvolume 2014-05-21
- This is the first release of this patch that allows you to play Battletoads, a game released in 1993 by SEGA for the Game Gear, on your Master System.
- The game works well, and is playable.
- There is garbage outside the center of the screen (where the Game Gear screen used to be), but it doesn't affect gameplay.
- The Game Gear START button is mapped to Button 1 on the Master System, except during gameplay, where it is mapped to the Pause button.
- The patch applies to a ROM image of the European and American version of the Battletoads cartridge.
- In this archive other than for the IPS format patch, named `battletoads_sms.ips', you can find the full source code of the injected code snippets that were used to make the patch; this means that if you are technically versed, you can improve the patch yourself.
- The Makefile is very simple and easily understood; to build the patch, simply run `make'.
- The ROM image must be placed in this directory and named `battletoads_orig.sms'; the patched ROM afte running `make' will be named `battletoads.sms'.
- The Makefile assumes you are on a Unix-like operating system; if you are on Windows you can try using MSYS or Cygwin.
- The assembler you will need to use is z80asm (http://www.nongnu.org/z80asm/)
- Inject, fixsum, nop and putstring were written by me (nextvolume), they will respectively inject a code snippet, fix the ROM checksum, insert NOP instructions in the ROM and insert a string in the ROM; do whatever you want with them, but give credit.
See the main page for Battletoads (バトルトード)
Return to the hacks index