This section will go through every line of code in the “Hello World!” example program that we compiled in the Setting It Up page.
- Assembler directives tell the assembler how to proceed.
- Boot shows the first few instructions.
- Pause Handler is a fixed address that requires special handling.
- Initialisation is where we reset various aspects of the system to a “blank” state.
- Setting up the graphics shows loading of tile data, the palette and tilemap
- Stopping is the final step to maintain control.