SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Time Soldiers debug mode

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Time Soldiers debug mode
Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:02 pm
We were playing Time Soldiers with a cartridge with bad connectors, which often screw up, and once a debug screen appeared. I couldn't reproduce that on a real SMS.

I hacked the code and found it back:

Just jump to location 0100h ("j 100" within Meka debugger) to see it. It's better jumping after the game actually started.

There's no apparent jump to this location within the game code, meaning that you cannot activate this by cheating. Perhaps an Action Replay Code could do it by overwritting a program counter in the stack.

The debug screen allows showing the different tilesets of the game, palette, play sound and music.
Use both pad to play around with it.
Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:22 pm
It's so cool to find this stuff 20 years after the release of the game.
Anyway, this game is top class.

PD

> We were playing Time Soldiers with a cartridge with bad connectors, which often screw up, and once a debug screen appeared. I couldn't reproduce that on a real SMS.

> I hacked the code and found it back:
>

> Just jump to location 0100h ("j 100" within Meka debugger) to see it. It's better jumping after the game actually started.

> There's no apparent jump to this location within the game code, meaning that you cannot activate this by cheating. Perhaps an Action Replay Code could do it by overwritting a program counter in the stack.

> The debug screen allows showing the different tilesets of the game, palette, play sound and music.
> Use both pad to play around with it.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!