SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Development environments (continued), and look-what-I-did post

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Development environments (continued), and look-what-I-did post
Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:30 pm
Heliophobe said "I'm not certain that I'd find syntax highlighting terribly important in z80 code." so I exported a bit to HTML to see how it looks. It's not really hugely useful, apart from showing up typos (I am constantly tying ";d" or something) and making it much prettier to look at.

Syntax highlighting example

And then there's the second half of the post to mention this:

which recently entered the all-important "it now actually works" stage.

Maxim
  • Site Admin
Super Maxim Splendid
Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:16 pm
> Heliophobe said "I'm not certain that I'd find syntax highlighting terribly important in z80 code." so I exported a bit to HTML to see how it looks. It's not really hugely useful, apart from showing up typos (I am constantly tying ";d" or something) and making it much prettier to look at.
> <a href=http://www.smspower.org/maxim/forumstuff/syntaxhighlighting.html>Syntax highlighting example</a>

I'm sold out, I should be trying something else than an editor which doesn't support long filename (an OLLLLLD version of Boxer).
I also have Aurora installed since a long time, but it might be time to register it...

[...]
> And then there's the second half of the post to mention this:

You're wonderful. I don't know the technical details of Chip8, but it seems technically nice.
I have to wonder : do you guys works at all, or you're spending 16 hours everyday working on SMS stuff ?
aurora.gif (3.48 KB)
aurora.gif

Very impressive...
Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 8:43 am
> And then there's the second half of the post to mention this:

This looks very good indeed! See, I go away from the forum for a few months and you turn into a SMS/Z80 programming guru ;-)

I must admit I don't know anything about Chip8 (I'm guessing it's a console from the pre-2600 era?) but it does seem very impressive.

> which recently entered the all-important "it now actually works" stage.

How long have you been working on it?

I really must get back into some SMS programming myself, I haven't really done anything since I bought that Babani Z80 book and did that "Only Words" thing about a year ago.

Mike (whose Zaks and Leventhal Z80 books are long overdue - library fines - aagh)
  • Site Admin
Re: Super Maxim Splendid
Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2002 11:39 am
> I'm sold out

Hmm...

Definition

sell
To persuade (another) to recognize the worth or desirability of something: They sold me on the idea.

sell out
2. Slang To betray one's cause or colleagues: He sold out to the other side.

> I should be trying something else than an editor which doesn't support long filename (an OLLLLLD version of Boxer).
> I also have Aurora installed since a long time, but it might be time to register it :

>

Reminds me of Paint Shop Pro 3 which I ran for, hmm, a few thousand days past the evaluation period before accidentally cracking it.

> You're wonderful. I don't know the technical details of Chip8, but it seems technically nice.

It's not much. Marcel de Kogel wrote one for Colecovision, which I can't get to work; there's one for Game Boy, etc. But some of the games are fun. It's mostly finished now - I've put it here ready for a link from the Demos page. Now back to the VGM player...

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!