SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [VGM Pack] Daffy Duck in Hollywood

Reply to topic
[VGM Pack] Daffy Duck in Hollywood
Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:06 pm
Last edited by sherpa on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
This is based on the GG version. The music is the same as the Sms version. version 0.5 not tagged

http://www.smspower.org/Music/DaffyDuckInHollywood-SMS
Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:22 pm
Another one from my wantlist! Thanks sherpa

To help out, I've fully tagged it - except for 3 tracks, which I cannot find occurring anywhere in the gameplay. So I've just titled them "Unknown" with their music test number in brackets.

I've spent several hours researching online and playing the game to try and find these 3 tracks but the only clue I found is that "Unknown (Music Test 11)" is referred to as "Bonus Stage - Boss Theme" in someone's rip from the Genesis version of the game. I cannot find any bonus stage or boss in the SMS/GG versions of the game though.

[Attachments removed]
Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:29 am
Wow. Thanks! That was faster than I thought it would be.

I didn't expect you to play for "hours", I thought your memory might serve, but thank you. I did not want to play through this game just to figure it out.

Yeah I went youtube and watched a let's play..Unused 11 seems to be a version of the boss theme in the mega drive version...it has an intro the MD versions doesn't have and of course the MD version has different sounding instruments. I might add a note on their similarity in notes for that track

Seems to be relatively consistent, and it seems common for games written by the same composer to share music between them. Jungle book versions by comparion seemed to adlib their music into the game.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:14 am
sherpa wrote
Wow. Thanks! That was faster than I thought it would be.

I didn't expect you to play for "hours", I thought your memory might serve, but thank you. I did not want to play through this game just to figure it out.

Yeah I went youtube and watched a let's play..Unused 11 seems to be a version of the boss theme in the mega drive version...it has an intro the MD versions doesn't have and of course the MD version has different sounding instruments. I might add a note on their similarity in notes for that track

Seems to be relatively consistent, and it seems common for games written by the same composer to share music between them. Jungle book versions by comparion seemed to adlib their music into the game.

Ha, well my memory still did help a lot. But I like to double check everything too. It's of course still possible that the 3 tracks are used somewhere and perhaps I just couldn't find them.

Also might be worth noting somewhere that Matt Furniss' name is actually credited as "Fatt Murniss" in the credits of the game. I assume this was an intentional joke (rather than an accidental mistake). Matt Furniss is definetely the correct spelling and the name he is known by.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:05 am
Lol..Yeah thanks for reminding. I wanted to mention that also. I didn't even read it as a Joke..just a typo..but now that you mention it..lol maybe someone was feeling a bit cranky that day...those letters aren't exactly close either :)

Yeah, the youtube video (I watched two did not have those songs, and neither does the MD, so I am guessing they were just fluff. Not sure about Furniss, but Baldwin composed his music and didn't even tune in to how the game turned out or where it was used..just moved on to composing the next track..the fact it was for a game was secondary.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:04 pm
I have one questions about this pack before I wrap this up:

Maxim: Am I also tagging this game as both systems? The music is the same.
Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:40 pm
Last edited by sherpa on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Based on your previous statements, I took silence as a "yes". Updated pack. Fully tagged with extras. Tagged for both GG/SMS. As stated, music is the same for both.

v1.0

[Attachments removed]
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:08 pm
I'm just listening to this now. It's such a Matt Furniss sounding soundtrack :) The 1/16 tones, the slow attack/decay vibrato tones, a little bit of arpeggiation... And he seems to have gone to town with the themes and medley styles in each track. Everything I love about late European shovelware platformers :D
Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:54 pm
Maxim wrote
I'm just listening to this now. It's such a Matt Furniss sounding soundtrack :) The 1/16 tones, the slow attack/decay vibrato tones, a little bit of arpeggiation... And he seems to have gone to town with the themes and medley styles in each track. Everything I love about late European shovelware platformers :D

I particularly like the "Quacker Tracker" piece, was always my favorite as a kid. The Mega Drive version of the soundtrack is also worth a listen.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:29 am
Glad you enjoy it. The tunes here are well above the average I'm accustomed to. Happy to hear when one of these packs is appreciated.
Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:08 am
New version with ascii compatible name for track 7 updated.

The playlist now generates properly.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!