SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - game: Libreway

Reply to topic
game: Libreway
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:53 pm
Last edited by nitrofurano on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
i couldn’t register this game in time, for the SMSPower Competition 2014 - what i did was registering it as Karoshi’s MSXDev Contest 2014 entry

it's at http://karoshi.auic.es/index.php/topic,2527.0.html (versions with sources for msx, sg1000 and colecovision)

and also available at http://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/Libreway-SG
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:35 pm
It's a nice Freeway clone, but it seems to need some minor gameplay fine-tuning in order to become an actually addicting game: right now, the vehicles seem to be moving too fast and unpredictably for the player to either plan ahead or even react; as a result, it currently feels more luck-based than skill based. I'd recommend playing both Freeway and Frogger for a couple minutes, in order to get a 'feel' of what I'm talking about.

Other than that, it looks and plays great. ;)
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:34 pm
haroldoop wrote
It's a nice Freeway clone, but it seems to need some minor gameplay fine-tuning in order to become an actually addicting game: right now, the vehicles seem to be moving too fast and unpredictably for the player to either plan ahead or even react; as a result, it currently feels more luck-based than skill based. I'd recommend playing both Freeway and Frogger for a couple minutes, in order to get a 'feel' of what I'm talking about.

Other than that, it looks and plays great. ;)

yes, it needs fine tuning for sure! as well, i wanted to have unique features that might differ a bit from Freeway and Frogger - that random speed changing from these cyclists were actually "stolen" from Swordquest-Earthworld (somehow, i just loved that, and i wanted to add that there) - and thanks! :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!