SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Y2Kode submissions Available

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Y2Kode submissions Available
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 3:44 am
Y2Kode now has all the submissions available for download, including my entry (Damiana) and Zoop's (Happy Looser).

Zoop's title sums up pretty much, how I feel about my project... it's not what I had planned, probably not going to win anything, but it was inspiring to work on, and I'm glad I made an entry.

I wonder if I might get a prize after all... having played the others in my category:

Zoop's demo is cooler than he makes it out to be. I think mine probably has more where it counts but his has style to spare. Still, I'd better beat him, I spent much more time on it!

The NES one is very minimal. I don't want to put anything down, I know how hard this can be to develop anything and I don't know if any NES emulators have good debuggers. But I'm sure I beat this one, and Ni****do sucks afterall.

That leaves three PCE games.

Crash is a fairly faithful but simple recreation of one of my least favorite games of all time ( I don't know the name of the original... I just know I don't like it). I might beat this one, if only because it has a title screen and mine doesn't.

MAU-V is also a side scrolling shooter like mine. Much more in terms of presentation (quite a bit lifted from Public Domain Manga-style images), but my game engine is superior, even if I don't apply it very well. He has even less in terms of level design than me, just a one screen background ever scrolling to the left, and sprites which wrap around from left back to the right side of the screen. What I have that's better than MAU-V is probably too subtle to pick up on, so it'll probably beat mine.

Krunch will probably take first, it's a pac-man clone, and a complete one at that and nice looking one at that.

I haven't -heard- any of PCE ones yet, though. Hugo's sound support isn't working for me right now.

If I beat any of the PCE ones I'll probably take third, unless they just LOVE Zoop's phunky beats.

If only I had -really- started working on it a week earlier.

Well next year I'll be a force to be reckonned with, let me tell you.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 3:46 am

> Crash is a fairly faithful but simple recreation of one of my least favorite games of all time ( I don't know the name of the original... I just know I don't like it). I might beat this one, if only because it has a title screen and mine doesn't.

I mean, "This one might beat me, if only.."
Or not... :-(
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 7:32 am
> Y2Kode now has all the submissions available for download, including my entry (Damiana) and Zoop's (Happy Looser).

And we are told:

"I'm sorry the download links don't work. You can thank a certain corporation for making it illegal to present the entries."

Here's where all the download links lead :-(

Mike
Kaneda
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 11:06 am
> I wonder if I might get a prize after all... having played the others in my category:

sorry to ask but did you try my entry?
i'm looking for any comment to improve it or take in mind for a new demo game

Kaneda

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!