SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - weird sega master system cart

Reply to topic
drew
weird sega master system cart
Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 11:58 pm
ok i have a question,,i just got this sega master system game,,on the cart it has the regular sega label and it just says donald duck,,and when i go to play it on the bottomduring the little cinema,,it says work in progress,,then when the game starts it has no sound and you cant be killed by enemies only if you fall off the screen ,, and when you do die the game just starts over,,,and if you get to the end of the stage and beat the bear the game starts over,,,i took it apart and found these white sega labels that say donald duck rom1 and donald duck rom 0 with a 1 over it...i think it is a prototype cart,,it is also very heavy....also it is lucky duck dime caper ,,and ive seen the cart for the game and it says donald duck in lucky dime caper,,this cart just says donald duck??? anyone else have any sega prototype carts ....r

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 12:23 am
> ok i have a question,,i just got this sega master system game,,on the cart it has the regular sega label and it just says donald duck,,and when i go to play it on the bottomduring the little cinema,,it says work in progress,,then when the game starts it has no sound and you cant be killed by enemies only if you fall off the screen ,, and when you do die the game just starts over,,,and if you get to the end of the stage and beat the bear the game starts over,,,i took it apart and found these white sega labels that say donald duck rom1 and donald duck rom 0 with a 1 over it...i think it is a prototype cart,,it is also very heavy....also it is lucky duck dime caper ,,and ive seen the cart for the game and it says donald duck in lucky dime caper,,this cart just says donald duck??? anyone else have any sega prototype carts ....r

Zoop's going to try to get you to donate it to SMS power.

Yes, you must have an early prototype. Where do you come across it?
drew
Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 2:03 am
im going to put up some pictures of this...i got it at an online auction yippeee!!! best $$ 3.00 dollars i ever spent when i forst got it i thought it was broke ,cause there was no sound ,,then the reset and pause buttons on my sega base wouldn't work,,then i noticed how heavy it was,,so i opened it,,and saw the white sega labels ,,and the rom 1 and rom o/1
also there is no label on the back,,,i'll take the pictures tomm.....i already had an offer for 300$$$ bucks for this wow!!!!!!!!!!!! online auctions kick butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 6:36 am
>> ok i have a question,,i just got this sega master system game,,on the cart it has the regular sega label and it just says donald duck,,and when i go to play it on the bottomduring the little cinema,,it says work in progress,,then when the game starts it has no sound and you cant be killed by enemies only if you fall off the screen ,, and when you do die the game just starts over,,,and if you get to the end of the stage and beat the bear the game starts over,,,i took it apart and found these white sega labels that say donald duck rom1 and donald duck rom 0 with a 1 over it...i think it is a prototype cart,,it is also very heavy....also it is lucky duck dime caper ,,and ive seen the cart for the game and it says donald duck in lucky dime caper,,this cart just says donald duck??? anyone else have any sega prototype carts ....r
> Zoop's going to try to get you to donate it to SMS power.

Yeah! Dump dump dump! (and preserve :)
Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 6:37 am
> im going to put up some pictures of this...i got it at an online auction yippeee!!! best $$ 3.00 dollars i ever spent when i forst got it i thought it was broke ,cause there was no sound ,,then the reset and pause buttons on my sega base wouldn't work,,then i noticed how heavy it was,,so i opened it,,and saw the white sega labels ,,and the rom 1 and rom o/1

Great find - lucky you!

> also there is no label on the back,,,i'll take the pictures tomm.....i already had an offer for 300$$$ bucks for this wow!!!!!!!!!!!! online auctions kick butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one is gonna give you 300$ for such cartridge.
A prototype of Asterix and the Great Rescue was sold 15$ on eBay. And Pat Riley Basketball (never basketball) reached 70$.
It is a cartridge, only a cartridge. But nice find anyway.

(Still I'd love to get it, but if you think you're gonna be rich with it, then it's not for me).
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 5:48 pm

> No one is gonna give you 300$ for suck cartridge.
> A prototype of Asterix and the Great Rescue was sold 15$ on eBay. And Pat Riley Basketball (never basketball) reached 70$.
> It is a cartridge, only a cartridge. But nice find anyway.

> (Still I'd love to get it, but if you think you're gonna be rich with it, then it's not for me).

Maybe the first rom is the donald duck prototype, and the second contains military secrets and about US nuclear technology...

or a map to buries pirate treasure!
Just a typo fix:
Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2000 6:57 pm
>And Pat Riley Basketball (never basketball) reached 70$.

should read "never released".
drpepper
Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2000 8:44 pm
Naw nobody pays that much for boring military crap...it's probably got nudey pictures.
> > No one is gonna give you 300$ for suck cartridge.
> > A prototype of Asterix and the Great Rescue was sold 15$ on eBay. And Pat Riley Basketball (never basketball) reached 70$.
> > It is a cartridge, only a cartridge. But nice find anyway.

> > (Still I'd love to get it, but if you think you're gonna be rich with it, then it's not for me).

> Maybe the first rom is the donald duck prototype, and the second contains military secrets and about US nuclear technology...

> or a map to buries pirate treasure!

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!