Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Meka v0.74 Release Additions

Reply to topic
Meka v0.74 Release Additions
Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 pm
danielt3 In a post, 1 year ago in September: wrote

Hi all,

I recently found that I have some Meka sources in my desktop. I have successfully compiled it with the Visual C++ 2008 Express. This has the BIG advantage of being free to download.

What is the compiler used to build Meka v0.73? Is anyone interested that I adapt the project files I currently have in my desktop with the lastest sources and release those?

Split Response with Possible Additions for Meka v0.74:

Response:
Since I have the same old Visual Studio 2008 with MSVC2008 (except I bought a different edition) Yes, I like the thing to be intergrated. Mostly a Bugfix, and tell the author to put it in the main page

To Current Meka Programmers:

I would like Meka v0.74 to contain a Extra Debug mode called ''Sprite/OAM Viewer'' as seen by some modern emulators such as
BGB/No$GMB/NO$C64/Etc.

Not only that, SG1000/SC3000/Ect. and compatible Sprite and Name Table viewer. Can be used as a reference to gain more programmers for older SEGA systems

But the only SEGA console emulators with Sprite viewer capability is a few 16bit Genesis/Mega Drive, Which I could not find a modern one yet besides NES/GB(Color) stuff.

So I think it will be more helpful to debuggers for doing Sprites, if there is one for MEKA, It will become superior to the other Z80+VDP emulators. Beating MSX(2/+) Somehow
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 am
Hello,
Sorry for my late answer. I have noted those feature request now.

I think I can add support for early video name in the tilemap/nametable viewer easily. I will have to consider a sprite viewer later.

Also - today I updated MEKA to compile with MSVC 2008.
Thanks & have fun!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!