Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - GG Baseball Games

Reply to topic
GG Baseball Games
Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 am
Well, it's late March and that means one thing...Opening Day! Aside from Baseball, I really don't have an affinity for any other sport. I couldn't care less to even watch the super bowl, even if the home team is in it.

Sega seemed to have a never ending release of baseball titles on it's Game Gear, and many ( if not most ), were developed or at least published by them. I love most of them, and for the most part, the Japanese titles kept these games on a portable system fun and fast.

Particularly interesting is the evolution of games from American Baseball ( a.k.a. Reggie Jackson ), thru to Twin Pro League.

There was a template they kept refining, from sprites to game speed. I think the only game that got a respective release was WSBB '95 and Nomo's WSBB.

Some U.S releases however, were hindered by weird physics, but by 8 bit standards, the teams and players were in place, uniform colors matched the actual uniforms, rosters were as accurate as releases were, and team editing ( albeit exhibition ), and battery saves.

There is a lot to like about some of these titles.

My favorites have to be:
World Series BB '95
Nomo's WSBB
The Baseball '91
Pro Yaukku '94 ( No season but playoff brackets )
and
Twin Pro League ( with the SD player sprites)

...and they're inexpensive to boot.

That's all, just had to proclaim my affection for these titles.
Play Ball!
Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 pm
I'm also only a baseball fan. I've never cared for hockey, football, or any other sport. That said, I'm not someone who watches all the ball games and goes insane when my team gets a home run, but I do enjoy baseball, especially in video games.

I have yet to play a Game Gear baseball game (crazy, right?), but I know I can get them for about $3, so maybe tonight I'll pick one up and let you know how it was :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!