Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [What's it worth?] SG-1000 / SC-3000 / Mark III / SMS systems and accessories

Reply to topic
[What's it worth?] SG-1000 / SC-3000 / Mark III / SMS systems and accessories
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:05 am
Hi,

I'm considering selling parts of my collection, but I'm a bit unsure about correct prices nowadays.

Everything is japanese version except when mentioned.

Systems:

- Othello Multivision (FG-2000) | CIB, box in good condition, inside almost like new
- SG-1000 (box with thick logo font) | CIB, box in very good condition, inside like new
- SG-1000 (box with thin logo font) | CIB, box in good condition, inside in average condition, AC adapter box missing. Unit is yellowed.
- SG-1000 II | CIB, box in very good condition, inside like new
- SC-3000 black (game+basic pack) | CIB, box in good condition, inside like new
- SC-3000 black | box in bad condition, AC adapter box yellowed, RF switch in poor condition, no manual
- SC-3000 red | no manual, no RF switch, box in poor condition
- SC-3000H black | CIB, everything in very good condition
- SC-3000H white | CIB, everything in very good condition
- Mark III | CIB, box in good condition but very slightly dirty. Inside like new
- Master System (MK-2000) | CIB, mint

Accessories:

- 4 color plotter printer (SP-400, black, french Yeno version) | CIB, outer box in poor condition
- Super Control Station (SF-7000) | loose, unit only, ie. missing link cable!
- Data Recorder (SR-1000) | CIB, box in average condition, inside very good
- SG-1000 Series Keyboard (SK-1100) | CIB, very good condition overall, box very slightly dirty
- Terebi Oekaki (GB-800) | CIB, box in great condition, inside like new
- Handle Controller (SH-400) | no manual, box in good condition but a bit dirty on one side, unit in great condition
- Bike Handle (BH-400) | CIB, box in ok condition, a bit dirty. Unit in great condition
- Card Catcher (C-1000) | CIB, box in good condition
- Joystick (SJ-300M) | no manual (not sure if there should be one), box in bad condition
- Joystick (SJ-200) | no manual (not sure if there should be one), box in good condition
- Joypad (SJ-152) | no manual (not sure if there should be one), box in ok condition but slightly dirty
- Paddle Control (HPD-200) | no manual (not sure if there should be one), box in ok condition
- Sega Sports Pad (SP-500) | CIB, box in good condition but slightly dirty behind, inside like new
- Rapid Fire Unit (RF-150) | no manual (not sure if there should be one), box in good condition
- FM Sound Unit (FM-70) | CIB, box in very good condition, inside like new
- Telecon Pack (TP-300) | CIB, box in great condition, inside like new
- Sega 3D Glasses (ref ?) | CIB, box in very good condition except one sticker residue on top, inside like new

(Sorry if it's too much!)

Thanks!
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:29 am
Amazing collection.
Unfortunately it is hard to put a price on those things, everybody would have a different opinion. The number of people actually interested in buying them is rather small and because of that prices can fluctuate a lot. I honestly wouldn't know where to start. You could put them on auction but that is also "risky".

(I would myself be interested in some (SG-1000 variation, SC-3000, FG-2000) if you want to post/PM pictures, but having lived in Japan the sort of prices I'd be willing to pay is probably lower than average. I can tell you the sort of price I'd be willing to pay but that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.).
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:29 pm
I agree that it's tricky to put a price on such items, and that's exactly why I'm asking this question on the forum.
Of course I checked ebay (including the sold listing) and yahoo auctions, and that gives me a rough idea, but sometimes the prices vary so much, and some seem really weird.
Like everyone I'd be happy to get the most money out of these, but I don't want to have auctions seat on ebay for months waiting for the one guy ready to spend a fortune because I over-evaluated my collection. At the same time, I don't want to lose money either, most of what I have I bought on yahoo auctions over the years, meaning that I paid a commission to a third party and expensive shipping charges to Europe.

Maybe I should formulate my question differently: indicate a price for each item and ask if it seems fair or not?

I'll PM you about your 'below than average' prices, it's always good to have opinions.

Cheers
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:59 pm
I'm interested in buying the SJ300M and the Red SC 3000
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:57 pm
Salut Quadratic!

To me, the biggest problem are today´s shipping costs. I stil need a CIB 3-D glasses, the SG Commander, a CIB Sports Pad and a Handle Controller to get all official peripherals, but two years ago I stopped to look for them because the online price range feels deterring. Today, I should pay a fortune of about 80-90€ minimum to get every single item =( Prices like 50€ including shipping are impossible now.

If I would be you, I would try to remember what I paid myself for all those things. Then, you slightly increase these prices to get a little bonus, and it should be fair enough for you and for your buyers. That´s the way I´m doing it when I rarely sell something and it works well - it doesn´t take too long to find buyers.
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:35 pm
Quadratic, you have a PM.
Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:51 am
I have a request, I hope somebody can help.

Are the japanese controllers (like the Handle Controller for example) compatible with PAL Master Systems? Usually yes, but I just want to make sure.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:30 am
The handle controller acts as a regular controller, so it's 100% compatible. It was released in Europe, too. The paddle is physically compatible but the software doesn't support it without a region mod.
Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:54 pm
Thank you Maxim!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!