Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Design test 06

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Design test 06
Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:00 pm
http://wip.smspower.org/tests/games/test06.html
- Added main date field (info based on title screen / other documentation from the earlier version)
- Changed layout to begin showing screenshots along with releases. From now on, a 800x600 resolution is required for the layout to be displayed correctly. Can we cope with that ? What do you think ?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:56 pm
800X600 is fine by me. iu like the way the screenshots are displayed on the right as well
  • Site Admin
Some minor things (mainly spelling)
Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:51 am
> From now on, a 800x600 resolution is required for the layout to be displayed correctly. Can we cope with that ?

Yes! I know some of our visitors are from poor countries but even in 1995 my 486-25 could handle 800x600x8bit with its 512KB of video RAM. My new bottom-of-the-range motherboard steals system memory to support 1600x1200x16bit.

On to the design...

The new logo is nice :) but the word is fanaticism.

The top-right text waps for me, like this:

Home - Index - Forum - Development - Music -
About

Maybe wrap it in a [nobr] or use nbsps.

Media is plural already.

I think that rather than "2 Megabits + 64 Kbits battery memory" you could have "2 Megabits ROM + 64 Kbits RAM"? Both could be hyperlinked searches.

ul and li are problematic regarding spacing; some browsers add spacing like a

and some don't. I don't know if there is a good way to solve it; perhaps some experimentation with CSS margins/padding?

When listing large numbers, there is a problem with using separators: you like 524.288 and I think that's a floating point number :P 524,288 is half a meg. Maybe just delete the separators, so it's 524288.

Data on this page was contributed by: xxx, xxx, xxx (scan), xxx (music dump), xxx, anonymous internet source, etc. Thank you all for your help.
If you think you were miscredited for a contribution, or if any of the above information is incorrect, please contact us.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Our pictures are not altered or watermarked with any sort of logo. Feel free to use them for any personal purpose, just don't abuse that freedom.
If you want to reuse our data for non-personal purposes, please contact us first; you may also need to obtain permission from the respective copyright holders.

How do you think? Maybe also have a privacy policy, they seem popular too :) "We will set cookies, but this is only so we can target pop-up ads more effectively and install viruses on your computer. If you do not agree to this then you should not use the internet any more."

Maxim
  • Site Admin
Re: Some minor things (mainly spelling)
Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:07 pm
> > From now on, a 800x600 resolution is required for the layout to be displayed correctly. Can we cope with that ?

> Yes! I know some of our visitors are from poor countries but even in 1995 my 486-25 could handle 800x600x8bit with its 512KB of video RAM. My new bottom-of-the-range motherboard steals system memory to support 1600x1200x16bit.

I switched to 800x600 two or three months ago. Knowing that I'm always the last one to switch from old technology, it should be safe now.
I also noticed that Windows XP won't allow 640x480...

> The new logo is nice :) but the word is fanaticism.

Fixed.

> The top-right text waps for me, like this:
> Home - Index - Forum - Development - Music -
> About
> Maybe wrap it in a [nobr] or use nbsps.

Fixed adding nbsps. Also tweaked the table code (the cell containing this part was unnecessary too small).

> Media is plural already.

Fixed.

> I think that rather than "2 Megabits + 64 Kbits battery memory" you could have "2 Megabits ROM + 64 Kbits RAM"? Both could be
hyperlinked searches.

Fixed.
Adding "Battery backed" would be better, but it doesn't fit like and make the whole thing too large :(

[...]
> When listing large numbers, there is a problem with using separators: you like 524.288 and I think that's a floating point number :P 524,288 is half a meg. Maybe just delete the separators, so it's 524288.

I presume it depends on the locale?
I changed it to "524 288", it looks more readable. Of course, it will not be easily findable via search engine, but who is searching for numbers ?

[...]
> How do you think? Maybe also have a privacy policy, they seem popular too :) "We will set cookies, but this is only so we can target pop-up ads more effectively and install viruses on your computer. If you do not agree to this then you should not use the internet any more."

I like that :)

Thanks for both.
I'll post an update soon.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!