SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [VGM Packs] Sega Game Mega Pack

Reply to topic
[VGM Packs] Sega Game Mega Pack
Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:10 am
Last edited by sherpa on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
**update most split successfully (for the most part)
Congo Bongo was the only one I couldn't fix. Space armor probably should be relogged also, but good enough for a not entirely failed experiment. At least they're available, and if I or someone else feels like logging them again, that's ok.

Some of these issues with the sound engine being spammed ARE probably due to loading illegal values into the sound engine. SG games tend to be more picky than SMS/GG.

31 packs

There is a problem with vgms logged in the older systems when it comes to splitting files. It seems, either due to the older sound engine or a bug in how meka logs SG games, rather than logging silence as a long series of waits i.e 62/63...what gets output is a wait followed by the commands assigning 0x0001 for pitch and 0x0F (silence) for volume.

Manually splitting a long file can be time consuming and not generally worth it if there are alot of tracks. This issue also affects SMS games, but so far only one GG game gave issues. I'm posting the file in case anyone is curious, but the quality of this work is much lower than the GG thread until I find a way of separating the tracks effectively.
Golgo 13 (SG).vgm7z (3.55 KB)
GP World (SG).vgm7z (3.82 KB)
H.E.R.O. (SG).vgm7z (6.07 KB)
Pachinko (SG).vgm7z (2.12 KB)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:25 am
Last edited by sherpa on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
continued...

also, Dragon Wang.

update: Added some old logs of Championship Baseball, which may/may not be complete. I logged what occurred in game. There may be others, but I haven't hacked it successfully yet, so unconfirmed.
Soukoban (SG).vgm7z (4.31 KB)
Zaxxon (SG).vgm7z (5.45 KB)
Champion Baseball (SG).vgm7z (999 B)
may be incomplete

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 pm
Thanks to a solution proposed by Maxim, Congo Bongo now works. Updated new version. All of the packs are now split well enough for a listen. It's more likely I'll go back to the drawing board rather than continuing work based on these. Too much thought noise and what-ifs.

But at least they are "done". If you like what you hear, there aren't as may tunes in these sets as in other games. Trimming these or starting fresh probably wouldn't make too much difference. Just a little work.

I'll see about making a new tutorial.
Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:45 pm
New post to bump the thread. Minor update, added Championship baseball and notes to earlier post.

I'll see about releasing some later. Hacks tend to be more difficult atm, so it may not be frequent.
Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:52 pm
I was going to wait to post these until I had made the text files as well, but I'm just going to post what I have.

These are pics of all the SG games for anyone wishing to make a pack. They have been resized and edited, named according to what's appropriate in the VGM pack and on the /Music page.

I ended up having problems when I tried to create a script, so I'm scrapping that idea for now. It probably would have been faster to create the text files manually.

Most games still remain to be logged.

update: Pack now includes txt files as well

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:50 pm
you did a great job with these rips!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!