Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Deleting my account

Reply to topic
Deleting my account
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:24 pm
How do I delete my account?
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:57 pm
You can't. Only admins are technically able to do that, but even then, I doubt they will, since it would cause more downsides than not, including orphaned posts.

If you're that eager to leave the forum you can simply change your email address to something invalid and/or mash random characters in your password field to lock yourself out of your own account.

I'm a nobody so I'll understand if you won't want to answer me, but can I ask you why you want to leave? You started a topic asking for help, and the discussion grew. People are helping you and you even got some compliments. Maybe you have personal reasons behind your choice and I most definitely respect that, but my untrained eye can't see any behaviour which would make you take this extreme decision.

I actually think that the spirit of this small community is much better than most other ones'. People are very friendly and helpful, starting from the top of the pyramid. I'm surprised to read that someone isn't feeling at home in here, I guess that you'd kill yourself within minutes if you ever dared to join tasvideos.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:22 pm
You can't delete your account, stop coming if you don't want to. Your posts have value, and if you've had some grief then let the admins know so we can intervene.

I see you have met some old contacts with some continuing annoyances, to destroy the interactions will benefit nobody so long as they are constructive and we can offer advice on how to proceed with your 8-bit programming endeavours.
Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:47 am
I don't see anyone hassling anyone. If you're getting obnoxious private messages, report them to the staff.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:45 pm
Gamegearguy:

We can delete your account if you ask us to do so (it's not wired in the forum software by default but admin can do it). I think it is a little rude or misled that the above posters suggest that you cannot delete an account on request. Of course you can. (Although we'd be sad to see you leave).

By default your posts will be orphaned and still available. We don't generally delete posts because most posts have value (and the programming discussions you had certainly have). If you really feel that your posts should be deleted please get in touch in me.

I just caught on the discussion thread, some posts were edited and we lost some of it but it looks like someone was perhaps unfairly harsh on his wording and then edited that down after he/she realized it. The issues discussed are minor issues in the grand scheme of things and probably not worth arguing in such manner. What is great and positive is that both of you have been going your own journey of learning and making Sega 8-bit stuff. Everyone has different experience and ways with learning programming a new game and a new system, it doesn't really matter much if some code is reused or "stolen", this is just real minor stuff we're talking about it. Learn the way you feel like learning, share advices and be kind to each others. It'd be sad to lose either of you to some petty argument when both of you came to build something.

However path you've taken thanks for working on your homebrew guys. Thanks for Mr Ultra: releasing that (even partly stitched from older bits!) is quite an achievement by itself.

We're looking forward to whatever both of you come up with or are working on, e.g. Psychotic Balloon or another thing. You are both always welcome here. :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!