SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [Forums] Emails failing & deleting accounts

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
[Forums] Emails failing & deleting accounts
Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:49 pm
We're unable to send emails due to abusive registration by spammers. You may get errors when sending PMs, and no email notifications, until we resolve it.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 pm
We have rather hurriedly upgraded to ReCAPTCHA v2. We'll monitor to see if spam registrations are still succeeding, and then get email turned back on...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 pm
We have:
- Added new captcha on registraton
- Deleted about 1500 accounts based on various spam-like criteria of inactivity. We had LOTS of fake accounts.
Accounts with 0 posts, 0 private messages and who haven't logged after their initial registrations have been deleted. That include many legit but totally dormant accounts. Hopefully we have made no mistake.
Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:49 pm
Bock wrote
We have:
- Added new captcha on registraton
- Deleted about 1500 accounts based on various spam-like criteria of inactivity. We had LOTS of fake accounts.
Accounts with 0 posts, 0 private messages and who haven't logged after their initial registrations have been deleted. That include many legit but totally dormant accounts. Hopefully we have made no mistake.

I just joined yesterday and decided to send a private message to one of the members here after reading a post he made. I notice that it is showing up in my outbox (which seems to me to be a place for drafts) as opposed to my sentbox. Shouldn't the pm show up in my sentbox after I've pressed the submit button?

I just want to make sure the message is going to be received.
Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:31 pm
ave1 wrote
I notice that it is showing up in my outbox

AFAIR it means the message is still unread.
Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:30 pm
Yes. Private Messages reside in the outbox until the recipient reads them. As long as they're in the outbox, you can still edit and delete them. Once they're read, they're moved to the sentbox: they're no longer editable, and deleting them would delete only the copy in your sentbox, as the copy in the recipient's inbox will remain.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:17 am
Bock wrote
We have:
Sadly it is needed to do sometimes, but I really like your decision here. Other forums should do it as well as many resellers are around there.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!