Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - This forum doesn't recognize my "log in forever" setting

Reply to topic
This forum doesn't recognize my "log in forever" setting
Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:36 am
I don't have JS disabled, nor do I have cookies disabled. On three different browsers (Chrome Windows on Win7, Chrome Mac on OSX 10.9, Safari Mac on OSX 10.9) I log in and check the "stay logged in forever" box on, but then I visit the forums the next day and it says I'm logged off and puts the login box on the front page.

Did something change here recently, either with this phpBB, with the version of PHP on this server, or something with the database that could have caused this? If it's an issue with my particular browsers, though, I don't think there's really anything I could do about it.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:53 am
It works for me. I only occasionally get logged out, every few weeks or months. Try cleaning your smspower related cookies perhaps?
Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:05 am
Have had the same "problem". For a while there I had to log in every day but in the last week or so the "log in forever" option has worked. That said, when I pressed the reply button to this thread I got logged out :P

Using FireFox 32 on a Windows Vista O/S.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:22 pm
I never had this problem systematically, though I sometimes get logged off if the forum takes too long to load or if it doesn't load at all and I have to reload (which often happens when the server is down or malfunctioning (which often happens)). In fact, I never thought to report this behaviour because I assumed it was related to the server and it didn't bother me enough to create a topic about it.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!