Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - WTB: Loose Master System 1 Console

Reply to topic
WTB: Loose Master System 1 Console
Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:39 pm
Anyone have a spare NTSC/US Master System 1 loose console they’re willing to let go of for cheap? I am having all kinds of grief with this.

I bought a pricey Master Mega Converter from Australia that took its sweet time to get to the states. It was missing the pause button and wouldn’t play half of the games I have.

I then bought a Master System 1 console from eBay that was listed as tested/working. It will not read carts. I cleaned the carts and connector and spent several hours trying to get it to boot a game. No such luck. I opened it up and it was rusted all to hell.

I told the seller that I was going to ship it back to him if I couldn’t get a partial refund. He said to return it - that he could piece out the accessories and make money by selling the AC adapter/controllers/gun separately. Bleh.

Long story short, does anyone have a loose console that is in good clean/working condition? I would rather deal with a reputable seller than another eBay jackass.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:53 pm
I have an SMS1 console that I wouldn't be averse to selling. The only problem is that you're on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Most of the time, if I want to play SMS games I use an emulator on either my PC or Sega Dreamcast.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm
Thx sir. The shipping would kill it. Maybe there's someone in the states that can help.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 am
I don't have a spare, but where are you in the states? If you're in PA there's a store I frequent that has them in stock for $50 with one common game, controller, RF, PSU and 90 day warranty. A little pricey compared to finding one for $50 as a lot on ebay, but these fellas will take it back no question and exchange it for another one.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 am
In TX. I have the AC adapter, 2 controllers, light gun and SCART cable for component hookup. I also have plenty of good games which is a little silly considering I got them before the system.
Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 am
SCART? What awesome TV did you unearth in USA that has a SCART connector?
Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 am
I run a SCART to component converter on my CRT. It's gorgeous.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/adding-audio-to-the-cvs287-scart-to...
WTB: Loose Master System 1 Console
Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:20 pm
If you cannot find a cheap master system, you could always get an everdrive, which allows you play master system games on a genesis and it has a pause button also.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!