Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Slap Shot variants and prototype (SMS), Super Monaco GP [Proto] (SMS)

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Slap Shot variants and prototype (SMS), Super Monaco GP [Proto] (SMS)
Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:40 pm
March! Celebrating our 13rd anniversary on the 27th! Coders, artists, time to get some creation started?

Three new dumps today. Its also a very special day - for the first time in a dozen years, all the Master System games listed in MEKA's list are released. Which effectively means that I am running out of roms to releases. We are closing the site tomorrow...

... Don't panic! I do still have dozens unsorted files in stock (and GG/SG stuff among others), and essentially it means that we are close to accomplishing the first step of our mission. As it happens, roms releases will continue for a while but from the end of the month, we will switch to a new revamped site that will be a huge step toward the "museum" community project we always dreamed of. If you are interested in contributing early, check out the Website forums.

I finally got around to sort out the tricky variations of Slap Shot that had lying around since a while. There's four dumps in total, two of which had been released before (one more confidentially) and two new, including a prototype version of the game.

Here's the running of all dumps:
SMS fbb0a92a - Slap Shot [Proto]
SMS c93bd0e9 - Slap Shot [v0] (already released)
SMS d33b296a - Slap Shot [v1] (already released, less common)
SMS 702c3e98 - Slap Shot [v2] (US)

The non-prototypes dumps were ordered by comparing the gradual evolution of code and data from the prototype so I am fairly confident that their order is correct.

Slap Shot for the Master System, all v0-v1-v2 versions.
Slap Shot [Proto] for the Master System in its prototype version which a title screen saying "Slap Shoot".

Additionally we have yet another release: Super Monaco GP [Proto], extracted from an European prototype cartridge.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:13 am
Nice to see Slap Shot finally sorted out. But I'm not sure everything in your list is out. Wasn't there this Game Box Esportes compilation which contained some new variants? It's not a complete single chip dump though.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 am
BFC wrote
Nice to see Slap Shot finally sorted out. But I'm not sure everything in your list is out. Wasn't there this Game Box Esportes compilation which contained some new variants? It's not a complete single chip dump though.

Yeah those are among the few that I aren't in meka.nam ( I probably have a dozen SMS dumps including some Korean stuff, they will go next ).
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!