Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - MEKA Shortcut Keys & Instance Control?

Reply to topic
MEKA Shortcut Keys & Instance Control?
Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:01 am
Hi all,

Please excuse me if this is the wrong section to post this question. I have a couple of user questions about MEKA and they're probably not appropriate for the MEKA development section.

Ok, firstly I just wanted to know if there is a list of shortcut keys for the MEKA emulator? In particular, I wanted to know if there is a shortcut key for the menu function Debug > Reload ROM. It probably sounds lazy, but I'm developing code using MEKA and having to use the mouse to reload iterations of my ROM is boring. :-)

Secondly, is there anyway I can get MEKA to load only a single instance of itself? I'm using an execute key in my code editor which calls MEKA to load my ROM from the current directory ("meka.exe %p output.sms") but each time a new instance of MEKA is loaded and I have to manually close the old instance maually (*gasp*).

I probably haven't made myself clear, but if anyone has any tips I'd be grateful!

cheers...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:36 am
Hello,

( I moved your question to the MEKA forum, it this relevant )

Your questions are very pertinent, as it happens those are points that regularly annoyed me during development. In the end I took the habit to never close MEKA because it is convenient to keep the debugger state (breakpoints, etc.) and only using the reload command.

Reload doesn't have a shortcut, I will definitively add one shortly (if you can compile Meka it is trivial to add) and thinking about it I feel stupid not having done it before. Maybe add a debugger command to do that also ?

Single instance would be a little more tricky, right now it would be easier to setup yourself a batch script to kill old instance if you want.
Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 am
Hi Bock,

I'm useless at compiling large code so I will have to rely on you to do it for me ;-) A shortcut key for Reload ROM would certainly be cool for your next release. It would just make dvelopment process that bit sweeter I think.

I will look into the batch method for killing the process.

thanks for the tip!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!