Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - question for all you home made game makers!

Reply to topic
Dave
question for all you home made game makers!
Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2000 7:23 pm
I'm really interested in making an RPG on the SMS, after looking at VR troopers, Mickey mouse 3, and golden axe
warrior, i think its very possible to make an RPG on the SMS that can compete with the SMS and Genesis
on terms of graphic level, can some one point me in the right direction to get started?

Eric
Post Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 4:00 pm
> I'm really interested in making an RPG on the SMS, after looking at VR troopers, Mickey mouse 3, and golden axe
> warrior, i think its very possible to make an RPG on the SMS that can compete with the SMS and Genesis
> on terms of graphic level, can some one point me in the right direction to get started?

Well, this is it. Everything (technically) you need to know about programming the SMS is on this web-site. If you are unfamiliar with assembly language programming, I suggest finding a tutorial or textbook first. Also, the SMS/GG emulators BrSMS and Calypso (both of whose authors occasionally make appearances here) have integrated debuggers, try experimenting with these. (Meka might also have a debugger, I don't know.)

Regarding the specifics of RPG game design, there's nothing here to help you. You will need to look elsewhere.

Good luck.

Eric Quinn

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!