SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - US sports games

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
US sports games
Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:00 pm
I promised it was snowing last time. Now sun as took the place over, and everyone's sweating.

As new VGM music packages are being released (thanks CRV, Maxim), I made the promess of catching up with ROM releases. :)

Today we have -perhaps- the last 3 retail US Master System games unreleased so far in their US version.

The first is Sports Pad Football for the Sega Master System, taking advantage of the Sega Sports Pad, a trackball peripheral released in USA and Japan. So far this peripheral (supported by a few other games) is only emulated in MEKA, but let me warn you that it is barely playable, if not impossible, due to usage of a mouse and not-so-good tuning of parameters in my MEKA code. Maybe people using a trackball with momentum may be able to actually try this game on their PC.

Second ROM is also an American Football game, but this one is pretty good: Walter Payton Football for the Sega Master System, also known in Europe as American Pro Football. This is the US version using Walter Payton's name and licence. I'll have one day to understand how to play American Football, but this game is definitively well made.

Last game is US cartridge dump of World Grand Prix for the Sega Master System. This looks the same as the Japanese and European version, except this build is different and has different code. World Grand Prix (aka The Circuit) is a nifty little racing game in the same style as Hang On, and featuring a circuit editor. Classic, retro.

And let me remind you about our Sega 8-bit Music Competition. There's so few entry so far that you are assured to win a great prize if you participate! On a related note, Martin Konrad has finally release a public beta of his Sega 8-bit PSG tracker, which is very promising and worth a check.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!