Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Some more fixes, and a Chinese Penguin

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Some more fixes, and a Chinese Penguin
Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:04 pm
Hello all,

I'm out of school, and found an interesting job that will require me to relocate from France to USA for a few months. This is good news on a professionnal point of view. I will move with a backup of all my e-mail and SMS Power/MEKA related data, so if I have any time, I will continue to do stuff from there. More news in the following weeks.

At first, we have two fixed ROM today. I've been taking lots of time sorting and comparing ROM dumps and variations, and here are two very minor redumps of Kujakuou for the Master System and Sindbad Mystery for the SG-1000. Previously available dumps had one byte wrong. So, this is not very important but at least we got the correct, well verified dump now (Kujakuou was a SMS Power 1999 release and was not properly verified - I did not even own the cartridge at that time, Sindbad Mystery was made available from BrSMS homepage on early SG-1000 days).

One more curious ROM is A Hong-Kong/Chinese version of Doki Doki Penguin Land for the SG-1000! It has a modified title screen and perhaps other modifications. This was extracted from a lot of weird cartridges bundled with an obscure Aaronix SG-1000 clone. I don't own this machine nor do I own more cartridges so I won't be able to provide more of those dumps soon in the future. Back to Doki Doki Penguin Land, it is an great puzzle game which definitively worth a try. It was released on multiple systems including an excellent and good looking Master System version. But this is the earliest, SG-1000 version!

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!