Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - New English Translation: Head Buster (Game Gear)

Reply to topic
New English Translation: Head Buster (Game Gear)
Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:49 am
Hi, folks. I have just finished translating the GG game "Head Buster" into English.

For those that aren't familiar with it, Head Buster is a turn-based strategy game where you purchase robots, equip them with different body parts and weapons, and then move them about to fight a rival on a map. It's quite fun (and I'm a person who usually doesn't like any strategy games), so please check out my translation page here:

http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/HeadBusterEnglish/
Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:23 pm
WOW!! Another SMS/GG translation!! It is so good when I put my eyes in translations for Sega Systems Games. :-)

Now it will be easier to play the game and now I can understand the story. ;-)

By the way, your page is great, ccovell.

Great translation work!!
das
Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:37 am
are you going to translate other games? :)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:29 pm
das wrote
are you going to translate other games? :)

If I know how to make ROM-Hacks and if know how to speak Japonese, I could try one or two translations or ROM-Hack. But I don't know. T_T
If I can do just ROM-Hacks, I could try portuguese translations (I'm Brazilian), or if I could just speek Japonese, I can do scripts for the ROM-Hackers.

There are a lot of games I would like to translate, expecially Saturn games (Lunar 1, Lunar 2, Lunar: Magical School, Madou Monogatari, Tengai Makyou, Sakura Taisen 1 & 2, Hanagumi Taisen Columns, Grandia, Grandia: Digital Museum, Blue Seed, Albert Oddyssey Gaiden, Phantasy Star Collection, all Shining Force III, Asuka 120% Limited and Pia Carrot 1 & 2. By the way, where I can download Pia Carrot 2 for Saturn? I'm a big fan of this series...).

There are many good SMS, GG and Genesis games that deserve a translation, like Story of Mio (SMS), Sorcerian (Genesis), Vixen 357 (Genesis), Coca-Cola Kid (GG), Lunar: Magical School (GG), Shining Force Gaiden 1 (GG), Eternal Legend (GG) or all Madou Monogatari games (GG / Genesis). Happily, there are coming a Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict (GG) translation. ;-)

I would like to see (or make) a Alex Kidd in Miracle World ROM-Hack. I found many amazing Hacks of Super Mario Bros. 3, like Mario Adventure or some Sonic 2 (Genesis) Hacks, but a Alex Kidd in MW Hack would be very interesting to see and play. :-)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:43 pm
rouken wrote
If I know how to make ROM-Hacks and if know how to speak Japonese, I could try one or two translations or ROM-Hack. But I don't know. T_T

Then don't sit down, and learn!

Thanks Chris for your effort. Perhaps someday I'll succeed beating level 3. :)
Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:36 pm
Thanks for the compliments! I may translate another game, but only when I have time and if it's a game I like. I don't like RPGs or adventure games so much, so that takes out a fair chunk of the untranslated games. :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!