Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Mod2PSG2 public beta (Sega 8-bit tracker)

Reply to topic
Mod2PSG2 public beta (Sega 8-bit tracker)
Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:42 am
Hello

I've released a public beta of Mod2PSG2, a music tracker for Master System and Game Gear.
It's available at: http://mod2psg.kontechs.de

I hope lots of people will use it for the music competition and beyond.

As usual, if you find any bugs, let me know :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:34 pm
Martin,

Very cool -- I've played with this a lot in the last few days and I haven't come across any bugs. I just grabbed the latest version and I see you have a sample psgmod player, which is awesome.

I'm no musician but I've always loved playing around with trackers, and I think this will be great for the SMS scene since I'm sure we're all getting a little tired of ripped music in demos.

One small feature request : would you consider adding a 'Frequency Gradient' like the Volume Gradient? I don't know if you're planning to add any pitch bend effects later on, but being able to do frequency gradients automatically would be a fine substitute that wouldn't require a change to the data format.
Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:14 pm
-_-

I don't know how and why, but my brother managed to put the old non-public beta page up again. There was not supposed to be a psgmod player in the public beta yet. And actually, you grabbed an older version.

About the frequency gradient, yes, I can do it.

Edit:
I will put the correct homepage up again soon. I lost access to the ftp for now. My brother changed and mixed up things without letting me know :-s
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:23 pm
Martin wrote
-_-

I don't know how and why, but my brother managed to put the old non-public beta page up again. There was not supposed to be a psgmod player in the public beta yet. And actually, you grabbed an older version.

About the frequency gradient, yes, I can do it.

Edit:
I will put the correct homepage up again soon. I lost access to the ftp for now. My brother changed and mixed up things without letting me know :-s

I noticed it was offline over the weekend, I guess he restored the wrong version.

Thanks, the frequency gradient would be very useful.

Mind if I use the psgmod player as is? I might.. um.. come in handy for.. um... something..... in the next week....
Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:14 pm
No, I don't mind :)

I guess I should finish documentation and example of the player and release it to the public. Of course Heliophobe doesn't really need that ;D

Could you please let me know if there is any difficulty in getting the player to work? I'd like to have that fixed before I release a public version.

Note for the player version you have:
If playing does misteriously not work, then it might be an incompatibilty problem between an old player and a new tracker (I can't remember which versions had this problem). In that case I can give you a newer player.
Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:31 am
ha cool version indeed =)
Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:48 pm
thanks man!!
i've always loved 8-bit systems and there music more than anything!! if you ever need help from a newb programmer/musician that's been around the block a few times, let me know!!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!