Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - ZOOP:Debug Please!

Reply to topic
Alex'99
ZOOP:Debug Please!
Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 1999 2:03 pm
ZOOP:

why MEKA doesn't support DEBUG OPTION ?
that would be a excellent TOOL for the design of games in SMS.

Regrettably The DEBUG OPTION Found in BRSMS is poor :)

Thanks.

Chris
We have a newbie here...
Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 1999 5:19 pm
What do you think the Tile Viewer, Pallete Viewer, VDP Technical viewer, what do you think their
there for, decoration? They give you all of the information you need to know about almost any
game!!! And if you're looking for down and dirty information Brsms is the best one!! It gives
you information about the CPU's registers and stuff, what instructions have been processed
and what needs to be processed, what's currently in stack and memory...He even let's you
page flip thoughout the memory!! Ohh man.

Are you on drugs? Or are you just a newbie who dosen't know what he's talking about?
I don't mean to embarass you but you've gotta be more specific with what you want to
know around here. Think about what you're asking.
Chris :o|

Chris
Something else to add...
Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 1999 5:23 pm
Brsms can let dump it's memory to a file so that way you can view it later with a hex editor.
What do you want to know?

Chris :o)

Alex'99
Re: We have a newbie here...
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 1:23 am
> What do you think the Tile Viewer, Pallete Viewer, VDP Technical viewer, what do you think their
> there for, decoration? They give you all of the information you need to know about almost any
> game!!! And if you're looking for down and dirty information Brsms is the best one!! It gives
> you information about the CPU's registers and stuff, what instructions have been processed
> and what needs to be processed, what's currently in stack and memory...He even let's you
> page flip thoughout the memory!! Ohh man.

> Are you on drugs? Or are you just a newbie who dosen't know what he's talking about?
> I don't mean to embarass you but you've gotta be more specific with what you want to
> know around here. Think about what you're asking.
> Chris :o|

First: Je! je! je! :)

Now BRSMS fail :
- TRACE (F8 key) is very bad.
- Interface is NOT Comfortable.
- EDIT funtion only for RAM address.
- Bank switching very BAD for Step by Step Execution.
- Low resolution 320x200 (640x480 is Better)
- Audio emulation GOOD but low quality!

something more ..........................@#$%^&*

:)

Alex'99
Re: Something else to add...
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 1:42 am
> Brsms can let dump it's memory to a file so that way you can view it later with a hex editor.
> What do you want to know?

> Chris :o)

Chris you are CRAZY .......................................................................................................

..................................................................................... me too!

Chris
Listen up
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 5:20 am
I'm perfectly sane. If you would like some help with something, be specific with what you ask
for. Don't just say:

Subject: Help!!!
Body:
Could somebody teach me how to write an emulator?

Now a person like me will embarass you and help you at the same time while a person like Eric
Quinn will be curdious and be more than welcome to help. Zoop may help, depending on his
mood. Messages like that aren't going to get you anywhere. For example, here's a reply from
me:

Subject: Re: Help!!!
Body:
Head for Marat Fayzullin's webpage at www.komkon.org/fms and look for his emulator libraries.

Now, if you would have been more specific you would probably get a better response. For instance:

Subject: Emulator Programming
Body:
Hello, my name is Alex. I have prior experiences with C/C++ and Visual Basic. I'm really into game
programming and emulators and I was just wondering if someone could help me get started?
What system would be best suitable for me? Which systems are the easiest?

Thanks,

Alex (you could add a smile if you want)

Now, post a nice message like that and you will find lots of replies. Me, Eric, Zoop, Limbs A Flyin'
and everyone else will be more than happy to help.

Alex'99
Re: Listen up
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 6:56 am
> I'm perfectly sane. If you would like some help with something, be specific with what you ask
> for. Don't just say:
>
> Subject: Help!!!
> Body:
> Could somebody teach me how to write an emulator?

> Now a person like me will embarass you and help you at the same time while a person like Eric
> Quinn will be curdious and be more than welcome to help. Zoop may help, depending on his
> mood. Messages like that aren't going to get you anywhere. For example, here's a reply from
> me:
>
> Subject: Re: Help!!!
> Body:
> Head for Marat Fayzullin's webpage at www.komkon.org/fms and look for his emulator libraries.

>
> Now, if you would have been more specific you would probably get a better response. For instance:
>

> Subject: Emulator Programming
> Body:
> Hello, my name is Alex. I have prior experiences with C/C++ and Visual Basic. I'm really into game
> programming and emulators and I was just wondering if someone could help me get started?
> What system would be best suitable for me? Which systems are the easiest?

> Thanks,

> Alex (you could add a smile if you want)
>

> Now, post a nice message like that and you will find lots of replies. Me, Eric, Zoop, Limbs A Flyin'
> and everyone else will be more than happy to help.

Yes, Sir.
______
..oOO ( :( }
~~~~~

We all know who his the newbie and it's not Alex *nt*
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 9:54 am
> What do you think the Tile Viewer, Pallete Viewer, VDP Technical viewer, what do you think their
> there for, decoration? They give you all of the information you need to know about almost any
> game!!! And if you're looking for down and dirty information Brsms is the best one!! It gives
> you information about the CPU's registers and stuff, what instructions have been processed
> and what needs to be processed, what's currently in stack and memory...He even let's you
> page flip thoughout the memory!! Ohh man.

> Are you on drugs? Or are you just a newbie who dosen't know what he's talking about?
> I don't mean to embarass you but you've gotta be more specific with what you want to
> know around here. Think about what you're asking.
> Chris :o|
Re: Listen up
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 9:59 am
[blabla]
> Now, post a nice message like that and you will find lots of replies. Me, Eric, Zoop, Limbs A Flyin'
> and everyone else will be more than happy to help.

Aren't you a little arrogant sometimes ?
Alex doesn't have a perfect english and his question was perfectly legit.
(and I bet he doesn't need your reply)
Chris
Dat a boy!
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 5:55 pm
Now I know what you're talking about. Zoop said that you're learning English or something so I
apologise for the previous messages. I know learning a language can be a bitch because I'm
currently learning Spanish. I've spoken English since the age of 1 and a half and that's all my
teachers tought me all my life. Right up until this year. To graduate from high school, I need
2 foreign language credits so I figured I'd take Spanish since it's one of the more popular
languages in the US. Also because I failed French (The language is beautiful like Spanish
but my teacher was phyco, for real!)

Once again, I'm sorry. My fault.

Alex'99
Re: Dat a boy!
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 8:48 pm

> Now I know what you're talking about. Zoop said that you're learning English or something so I
> apologise for the previous messages. I know learning a language can be a bitch because I'm
> currently learning Spanish. I've spoken English since the age of 1 and a half and that's all my
> teachers tought me all my life. Right up until this year. To graduate from high school, I need
> 2 foreign language credits so I figured I'd take Spanish since it's one of the more popular
> languages in the US. Also because I failed French (The language is beautiful like Spanish
> but my teacher was phyco, for real!)

> Once again, I'm sorry. My fault.

No Problem, My Friend!

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!