Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Can Penguin Land be completed ?

Reply to topic
Can Penguin Land be completed ?
Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:22 pm
I have ripped the music from Penguin land (not much :/), and was just wondering if anyone know if there is an end to the game, with some other music? I completed Level 30 and just got to Level 31, and I'm not the best at the game so I didn't have the patience to complete any more levels.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:30 pm
> I have ripped the music from Penguin land (not much :/), and was just wondering if anyone know if there is an end to the game, with some other music? I completed Level 30 and just got to Level 31, and I'm not the best at the game so I didn't have the patience to complete any more levels.

The info I have, probably from that big tips & cheats text file mostly written by Clint Dyer, says there are 50 levels.

Maxim
Shaka
damn, i stoped playing at level 41.. so close.. ah.. screw it.. :).. *nt*
Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:21 pm
> > I have ripped the music from Penguin land (not much :/), and was just wondering if anyone know if there is an end to the game, with some other music? I completed Level 30 and just got to Level 31, and I'm not the best at the game so I didn't have the patience to complete any more levels.

> The info I have, probably from that big tips & cheats text file mostly written by Clint Dyer, says there are 50 levels.

> Maxim

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:01 pm
Ok, guess I have to snap my way through them all then :)

thanks for the info
  • Site Admin
Not a problem!
Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:53 pm
> damn, i stoped playing at level 41.. so close.. ah.. screw it.. :)..

As I understand it (not that I've tested it), Penguin Land stores in its battery-backed RAM when you get to a higher level, and allows you to choose any level up to that one next time you play. Try it... if you can get the Round Select to go past 30 then it's remembered for you.

Maxim
Shaka
nice.. that's a good thing to know... *nt*
Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:37 pm
> > damn, i stoped playing at level 41.. so close.. ah.. screw it.. :)..

> As I understand it (not that I've tested it), Penguin Land stores in its battery-backed RAM when you get to a higher level, and allows you to choose any level up to that one next time you play. Try it... if you can get the Round Select to go past 30 then it's remembered for you.

> Maxim

vecna
Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 2:41 pm
> I have ripped the music from Penguin land (not much :/), and was just wondering if anyone know if there is an end to the game, with some other music? I completed Level 30 and just got to Level 31, and I'm not the best at the game so I didn't have the patience to complete any more levels.

Having had this game as a kid and it being one of my favorites, there are indeed 50 levels and it's very much beatable. I did beat it a few times but not lately, maybe I'll give it another try...

-vecna

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!