Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - vgm2mid in the works

Reply to topic
Paul Jensen (gym2mid)
vgm2mid in the works
Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 5:44 am
Hello,

I've begun preliminary coding on vgm2mid. I'm starting with the Master System PSG, the YM2413, and of course, the YM2612.

I probably won't have a release for a while, due to various reasons, one of which being that I am creating a new version of the Phantasy Star (Original Japanese Dialogue) Retranslation. But as soon as I'm finished with that, I'll have a release out shortly thereafter.

Paul

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 7:15 pm
> Hello,

> I've begun preliminary coding on vgm2mid. I'm starting with the Master System PSG, the YM2413, and of course, the YM2612.

> I probably won't have a release for a while, due to various reasons, one of which being that I am creating a new version of the Phantasy Star (Original Japanese Dialogue) Retranslation. But as soon as I'm finished with that, I'll have a release out shortly thereafter.

> Paul

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

*ahem*
Just one request.. can you have the output file as MIDI format 1, not MIDI Format 0 please?

~unfnknblvbl
Paul Jensen (gym2mid)
Re: YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:27 pm
> > I've begun preliminary coding on vgm2mid. I'm starting with the Master System PSG, the YM2413, and of course, the YM2612.

> THANK YOU SO MUCH!

> *ahem*
> Just one request.. can you have the output file as MIDI format 1, not MIDI Format 0 please?

Sure, as soon as I figure out how the hell to do it. ;)

I always wanted to do that with gym2mid, but never attempted it. I do, however, have some ideas in mind, and since I'll be writing vgm2mid 90% from scratch, it'll be easier to implement.

I'll keep everybody posted.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!