Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - the reason why Tazmania's palette looks like that of a nes game is...

Reply to topic
Limbs a Flyin'
the reason why Tazmania's palette looks like that of a nes game is...
Post Posted: Fri Jul 09, 1999 1:00 pm
because the game was based off that god awful tazmania cartoon series (not the classic tazmania cartoons), the one where he has a family (and he's the only one who doesnt wear clothes..); which it self had bland background colours.. lots of yellow, etc.

also the cartoon set all the bush people as being white (well, i assume this is because they tried to exterminate all the aboriginees on tazmania - i mean in real life ), and has the 'kiwibird' - except it looks more like a yellow duck, and kiwi's dont even live in australia... hmm, i suppose accuracy isnt important because it was just another generic boring US kiddie saturday morning cartoon.

I liked the show...
Post Posted: Sat Jul 10, 1999 2:34 pm
I really don't know what else to say, but I thought the show was funny at the time. I saw it recently and even then liked it because of reminiscent value. It was not just "another kiddie Saturday morning cartoon", it was much better. Look around at what Fox is showing now, you'll appreciate the small effort that went into Taz Mania.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!