Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Master System Kiosk

Reply to topic
Master System Kiosk
Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:12 pm
Can anyone give me an idea of what a Sega Master System Kiosk is worth today? I have a rare find that I have had stored in the original Sega box for over 30 years. Has one original demo cartridge, 2 controllers, gun, and TV hook up wires. Thanks for any info. I would like to sell it, but need to know what it is really worth to make an educated sell.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:15 pm
I've heard of them going for quite a bit, sometimes into the thousands if they have the game library installed. Im not too sure what its worth without the game demos and there's only one up on ebay right now selling for a fat 6,800 USD complete. but I honestly dont see anyone buying that unless they really have cash to burn and dont want to hunt.
Ill look around and send any links to estimate prices if I find any.

You have peaked my interests though! it would definitely be something cool to take to conventions! If you find a price hit me up, I might be interested in buying it and I sure know quite a few that would be interested in it too as well!
Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:31 am
I'd certainly be interested too depending on price. Coincidentally I came across the other one on ebay earlier today and when I saw your post thought it must the same item but pleased to find it's not.

For something like this where it's fairly hard to value as it's rare but also fairly niche (no games with it, at least not in your photo) but would probably recommend listing it on ebay with a very low starting price to generate interest and let the folks on here know and you'll soon find the market price and I suspect a fairly generous one.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 am
jmkvideo: Would you be able to take better picture of the two instruction pamphlets? I don't think we have a good copy of those on the website here.

It's been difficult to price most rare SMS items, the crowd of buyers is quite small so price can vary a lot depending on timing and other circumstances.
Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:46 pm
Im talking to several big collectors right now since i cant find a price online, most of them are asking if you have more pics you can send of the unit and the paperwork.
Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 pm
so Ive gathered quite a few responses from the retro games community on Instagram and Twitter. A lot of them were having a hard time due to the lack of images, the estimated range was often 300 USD to no more than 1100 USD (and that was pushing it). What makes this interesting is the setup instructions, but what hinders it is the lack of its original demo library. Everyone I talked to was also wondering if you could scan in those instructions for archiving.
One of my collector friends said however it could be worth no more than a regular SMS if it doesn't work... I assume this unit is in fact working though.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!