Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Sports Pad on Genesis?

Reply to topic
Sports Pad on Genesis?
Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 pm
I'm trying to determine if my Sports Pad is broken or not. I'm playing Great Soccer on a Genesis with a Power Base converter. The Sports Pad works if I have it set in control mode (d-pad emulation), but not Sports mode (analog).

Is that normal for the Genesis, and it only works on a Master System, or is my sports pad analog functionality broken somehow?
Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 pm
well, i can tell you the sports pad does not work with the nomad but i haven't heard of it having issues with the Genesis.
Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:12 am
If it works on the master system I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work on the genesis. I know some genesis controllers dont function with certain SMS games but if it was made for the original console its strange that it would not work.
Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 am
anthrax442 wrote
I'm trying to determine if my Sports Pad is broken or not. I'm playing Great Soccer on a Genesis with a Power Base converter. The Sports Pad works if I have it set in control mode (d-pad emulation), but not Sports mode (analog).

Is that normal for the Genesis, and it only works on a Master System, or is my sports pad analog functionality broken somehow?

Ive just tried my US sports pad and it works fine with sports pad football on a genesis and power base converter.

If it works fine in control mode then id be fairly certain the sports pad itself is working correctly. In sports mode it uses an extra signal that comes from the console on the TH pin (pin 7) of the controller port. Either the game isn't working properly or you have a problem on that pin on the control port or sports pad plug/cable.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!