Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - WLA-DX for VSCode

Reply to topic
WLA-DX for VSCode
Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:26 pm
I'm making a VSCode extension for WLA-DX.

I'm having to develop some themes to go with it because existing themes don't support assembly language all that well. Screenshot is of the light theme, based on Microsoft editors of the 90s (like VB6/VBA)

Any suggestions / requests?
wla-dx-vscode.png (68.95 KB)
WLA-DX extension for VSCode (under development)
wla-dx-vscode.png

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:40 pm
WLA DX syntax is not parsable by normal parsers currently. If the highlighter is just token based then that doesn't matter. If it's a real parser then it can extract macros and label names, for example - and it would be amazing if it could follow relative labels visually/on click/keystroke.

My biggest request would be for it to scale to large files like any Emulicious disassembly - the Eclipse plugin couldn't keep up with it. Also try these large files of mine:

https://github.com/maxim-zhao/psrp/blob/master/psrp/Phantasy%20Star%20disassembl...
https://github.com/maxim-zhao/micromachineseditor/blob/master/Analysis/Micro%20M...
Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:47 pm
It's just a pretty dumb token colouriser -- it would take months to develop a real parser and everything and it's not something I'm capable of doing, but VSCode does support "language servers" to allow for full semantic understanding of code.

Right now it's handling my 30'000-line Sonic1 disassembly just fine. I'll test your files out on it, always good to test with a different style of code.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:37 pm
Personally I'm using a Notepad++ highlighter now - which is just token matching, bit I've configured it to try to pair begin/end directives which enables collapsing. I did try to also enable collapsing between push/pop - but that falls over very easily.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!