SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Repairing Power Base Converter

Reply to topic
Repairing Power Base Converter
Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm
Hello,

This weekend my buddy was cleaning out his parent's attic and he gave me a box of video game stuff that was up there.
In addition to his Model 1 Genesis (which I was able to cleanup and boot right up) he had a Power Base Converter.

The most I can get the PBC to do is produce flickering screens of a solid color. I gave the PBC a cleaning but that didn't improve anything.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience fixing PBC? I know I can just go get a new one, but it seems a waste to not at least try to get this one working.

I'd be happy to compensate a person for their time if they could get it up and running
Repairing Power Base Converter
Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:31 pm
Have you tried a few different games? Not all SMS games run with these converters.
Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:34 pm
Yes, I tried a variety of games including Alex Kidd, Hang On/Astro Warrior and Space Harrier. None worked unfortunately.
Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 am
I might be able to look at this for you. The real question is, have the capacitors been replaced?
Also, just FYI I would have responded a lot sooner if this was in the main forums. Can the mods relocate this thread there?
Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:44 pm
Miker601 wrote
Hello,

This weekend my buddy was cleaning out his parent's attic and he gave me a box of video game stuff that was up there.
In addition to his Model 1 Genesis (which I was able to cleanup and boot right up) he had a Power Base Converter.

The most I can get the PBC to do is produce flickering screens of a solid color. I gave the PBC a cleaning but that didn't improve anything.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience fixing PBC? I know I can just go get a new one, but it seems a waste to not at least try to get this one working.

I'd be happy to compensate a person for their time if they could get it up and running

If all else fails and you can't get that working for whatever reason. You could go with one of these, I use one and it works really, really well for me.

https://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/brd_sms2smd/index.php
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!