Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Genesis VA6 TMSS, not playing SMS roms via Mega Everdrive X7

Reply to topic
Genesis VA6 TMSS, not playing SMS roms via Mega Everdrive X7
Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:56 pm
I previously had a VA2 non-TMSS Genesis, which allowed Master System roms played on via the Mega Everdrive X7. But now I own a VA6 TMSS Genesis. And when I try to load a Master System rom with the Everdrive, I get kicked back to the Everdrive's game menu. I also tried running Master System roms on a VA7 Genesis, and I had no luck.

My question is, are there only certain Model 1 versions that allow Master System playback? Is this feature removed in TMSS systems, and if so, is there a way to restore it within the Genesis?

Idk where else to go with this question. I found this forum via Google, so I'm hoping I can find some concrete answers.

Thanks! :-)
Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:30 pm
I guess you should ask Krikzz's Mega Everdrive tech support forum, here.
Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 pm
I'll try over there too. But if anyone here reading this, knows a solution to my issue, please respond here still. Thank you!
Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm
I think I may know my issue, I did a lot of research this morning. To make a long story short, I believe it deals with the Sony CXA chip. One of the Genesis pins goes to the VDP, and then from there goes to what is known as Vcc, on the Sony CXA. I looked up the Vcc function, and it supplies power. I think in my quest for no jailbars, I clipped the Vcc pin.

I'll check it out when I can, but I have a strong feeling after everything I've searched, that that's the culprit.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!