Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Devilish (GG), Sonic Drift [Demo] (GG/JP), The Terminator (SMS/BR), Zillion [v2] (SMS)

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Devilish (GG), Sonic Drift [Demo] (GG/JP), The Terminator (SMS/BR), Zillion [v2] (SMS)
Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:49 pm
Some new releases from a recent dumping sessions! I could uncover several revision variations, releasing 3 of them today, as well as a sample demo.

First is the - very common - Devilish for the Game Gear. Surprisingly yet unreleased, the already available ROM revisions are for the Japanese and US versions. This version was released in Europe and Brasil.

A nice sample demo for the crazy Sonic fans of our internet: Sonic Drift [Demo] for the Game Gear. This was apparently provided to shops to use in Game Gear systems on display. It is a basically a version of Sonic Drift where the CPU plays to demonstrate the game, no interactivity here.

Third, we have the Brasilian version of The Terminator for the Master System, as released by TecToy. Not sure about the exact difference between this dump and the regular European one. Although not translated, TecToy ROM versions are sometimes different from their European counterpart, and it is suspected that they released some early builds.

Last but not least, Zillion [v2] for the Master System, third revision of the well known game. Note that even revisions v0 and v1 were released in Europe and USA, so those revisions numbers are not matching country releases. They are probably successives bugfixes that were applied to the game. If you haven't completed Zillion already, give it an afternoon, because it's really a good game in the classic sense. Pen and paper recommended to map out the base, discover all secrets, rescape your friends, kill a dragon, setup explosion and fail to escape in time. :)

That'll make 558 releases.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:54 pm
By the way, it seems like Sonic Drift demo is partly broken in Meka: the demo loose its synchronization on the second race. I haven't compared with the original cartridge because I don't have it next to me, but other emulators play the second race fine so I assume it's a bug in Meka. Maybe a bug in Z80 cycle counting?
I updated the compatibility list accordingly.
Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 pm
I had to fix a little bug in my emu because SonicDrift locks the toprows.
It looks like it's really sensitive to timing or something else, my emu can run it fine until the 4th or 5th race (Eggman) and halfway it starts driving out on the side and then stops, though after that it seems it starts from the begining again and everything works as before.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:28 pm
I'll test the original cartridge whenever possible to see if it performs well after several races.
PresidentLeever
Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:35 am
So what's different in this revision of Zillion?

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:35 am
PresidentLeever wrote
So what's different in this revision of Zillion?

I don't know frankly. Someone technically knowledgable would have to spend a bit of time figuring this out. It's probably some kind of bug fix or minor gameplay tweak that would go unnoticed to everyone but the zillion experts.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!