Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Any help for a starting programmer...?

Reply to topic
Jxt
Any help for a starting programmer...?
Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 1:29 pm
I want to program for MEKA or some other SMS emulator, just as ,like, a hobby or something, and to convert some games that never came out on the SMS, or some that were done badly (I.e Strider. It sucks REAL badly). Any help...?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 4:02 pm
> I want to program for MEKA or some other SMS emulator, just as ,like, a hobby or something, and to convert some games that never came out on the SMS, or some that were done badly (I.e Strider. It sucks REAL badly). Any help...?

First, you must get familiar with the system, you'll find all necessary informations about it in the Documentation section of this same site (well, S8Dev).
Then get various Z80 documentation and start programming the minimun, like to change the screen color to red, etc..
In the early stage of development tools like the palette or the tiles viewer in Meka would help you to see if you are doing things the right way.
Then as soon as you got the habits, it's only a matter of time and energy to make us the greatest SMS game :)

Feel free to ask if you have any questions, also, I suggest posting your sources on this same forum. To get suggestions from the experimented people, and to help and give ideas to the less experimented ones!
Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 4:05 pm

> Feel free to ask if you have any questions, also, I suggest posting your sources on this same forum. To get suggestions from the experimented people, and to help and give ideas to the less experimented ones!

Hey!
I'm not an experiment! Hahahahahahaha

I think you mean "Experienced"
~unfnknblvbl
Jxt
Sorry, I was typing during a *long* day at college! *nt*
Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 10:02 am

I was laughing at Zoop, not you :) *nt*
Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 1:53 pm
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!