Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [Museum] Sonic The Hedgehog Cart Scan (GG)

Reply to topic
[Museum] Sonic The Hedgehog Cart Scan (GG)
Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:27 am
Hello

A couple of days ago I was looking through your Game Gear scans and forund the Sonic The Hedgehog scan had a cartridge scan of it. I have the Japanese cart as the sticker on the cart has Japanese writing on it. I tried scanning it but it came out blurry because the cart has a little rise on it so you can get it out of the Game Gear easily. I was just wondering how would it be possible to get a clear picture of it. Am I not scanning it with the right technique or shall I just take a 5MP photo of the cart.

Thanks

Jacko
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:26 am
You can try with the photo but there's a strong chance of barrel distortion. Check how straight the label edges turn out.

There are two sorts of scanners, but I don't remember the name of the two technologies. The older one, with a fluorescent-type tube, has no problem with items away from the glass because it does not "focus" on anything, it samples points with no concept of depth; but the newer type (in thin scanners that are powered from USB) do focus so anything not held onto the glass will be blurry. The latter also cannot scan framed pictures for the same reason.
What do you suggest
Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:17 am
Houdy,

I have a Canon scanner which is a thin scanner that is powered directly off USB. What do you suggest I do in terms of getting it scanned or captured in one way or another.

Thanks

Jacko
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:31 am
Find someone with a normal scanner, even a cheap one*, so long as it's an old-fashioned one with a separate power supply, and ask nicely if you can use it.

* My scanner is/was available in the US for $15, according to a few price comparison sites. It's not very good but is capable of 300dpi scans with a tiny amount of distortion.
hmmm
Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:29 am
hmmm....

Ah yes my media teacher at school has one of those old chunky things, pitty I am on school holidays at the moment. Can the scan wait a few weeks?

I have final school exams coming up so I am going to get veeerrryyyy busy in the next few weeks.

Thanks Again,

Jacko
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!