SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Zoom 909 and more

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Zoom 909 and more
Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:48 pm
More goodies. I've been continuing to redump and a few cartridges recently. As mentionned on my post of the March 22nd, I may be moving to USA for a few months very soon. I've been signing more papers yesterday, meaning that this project is taking shape. I'll be pretty busy here, but will probably buy many cartridges to take back to france. :)

Here we have Zoom 909 for SG-1000, a nifty arcade shooter with two different kinds of gameplay. The first part is reminiscent of the barely playable Zaxxon 3-D, the second more like Asteroids. As with many SG-1000 games, it seems to be played for the score. I'm not sure if there's actually an ending. The game is also known in arcades as "Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom".

And the freshly dumped US Master System version of Castle of Illusion, starring Mickey Mouse. This excellent Sega platform game was a late Master System release in the USA. Note that the European release has the version byte set to 1 while this one is 0, meaning that it is an earlier build.

In addition to those two new releases, and related to my previous posting, I added 5 additionnal ROM download to our download section. I am not building a page for them since they seem to be more or less already spreading, but will comment on them.

GG Wimbledon:
First dumped by aRPi from an European cartridge. I confirmed the dump from a Japanese cartridge.

GG Tails Adventures [fixed]:
This is a 3 bytes fix from the original Vertigo release. I confirmed it from a Japanese cartridge, and it was also part of the Gamecube Sonic Adventure DX package (hence the fact it is already spreading)

GG Castle of Illusion [SMS-GG]:
US/European Game Gear version of the game, running in SMS compatibility mode. Confirmed by aRPi and me.

GG Super Monaco GP:
US/European Game Gear version of the game. Confirmed by aRPi and me. Previously released Japanese version (also confirmed by me).

GG Super Monaco GP II (Ayrton Senna's):
US/European Game Gear version of the game. Confirmed by aRPi and me. Previously released Japanese version (also confirmed by me).

Unless you are tracking ROM dumps using dedicated tools, you probably don't have those already, so be sure to download them.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!