SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Rom Dumper

Reply to topic
Brian
Rom Dumper
Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 6:37 pm
Does anyone happen to have the instructions for the rom dumper? Perhaps they could post them on the technical information page? Or provide a link to them?
I can never find them when I want them...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 8:57 pm
> Does anyone happen to have the instructions for the rom dumper? Perhaps they could post them on the technical information page? Or provide a link to them?
> I can never find them when I want them...

A section describing everything step by step, with as much informations and schematics, is planned.
But we still have problems with our own dumper so that's why we're delaying the thing - gotta fix our problems before letting everyone build a broken dumper =)
Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 1999 12:59 pm

> A section describing everything step by step, with as much informations and schematics, is planned.

including a begginers guide to electronics? ;)

anyways it would be nice if there was lots of explanations so people could understand that and go on to build different things - eg ram carts or dumpers for other systems..

i think sometimes people are a bit afraid to send carts away overseas, so a do-it-yourself section would be great ;)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 1999 2:05 pm
>
> > A section describing everything step by step, with as much informations and schematics, is planned.

> including a begginers guide to electronics? ;)

> anyways it would be nice if there was lots of explanations so people could understand that and go on to build different things - eg ram carts or dumpers for other systems..

> i think sometimes people are a bit afraid to send carts away overseas, so a do-it-yourself section would be great ;)

A bit afraid?
I am furiously trying to get my SMS (and Genesis, GameGear, 32x, SegaCD and Satur) games collection up to and beyond what it was before I sold everything, so any rare shit that I get is not getting away from me again.
Plans for a ROM dumper would be handy, though.
I think I saw some at Yib '97, or whatever it's called. (I think the URL still works, I haven't checked there in, like, ages.
surf.to/gamegear
~unfnknblvbl
Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 1999 6:20 pm
> i think sometimes people are a bit afraid to send carts away overseas, so a do-it-yourself section would be great ;)

Making a dumper and understanding how it works to dump the very few non dumped cartridges that cause problems is way much harder than sending one by mail.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!