Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - GameGear-TV

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:50 pm
Sorry for bumping this thread as my first post on this forum, but I was wondering if someone here could point me to a full schematic of the 2 ASICS GG motherboard.

Thanks in advance.
rbudrick.
Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:38 pm
I think one guy out there sells them, but I no longer have the link. I think he made them himself. Does this ring a bell to anyone? I remember this from the old boards...

-Rob

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:40 pm
ok...I just HAD to bump this! I've been looking for RGB output from a GG for a loooong time and I am blown away by this forum. You guys have done some incredible work.

My modding hobby is making portable home consoles, in the same fashion as Ben Heckerdorn (www.benheck.com).
I have produced the world's first (though I could be wrong) Sega CDX and PS2 portables as found on my site: http://www.freewebs.com/segasonicfan

For my next project I would LOVE to use the 5" RGB displays I have to make an ULTIMATE Game Gear portable. Would someone be willing to sell/make me one of these converter boards for my GG? I would gladly pay the $58 as mentioned in an earlier post. Please let me know :)

-Segasonicfan
Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:08 am
Hey segasonicfan, that sounds like quite a nice idea :D Would love to see that one finished. I would expect it to become something like this: http://portablesystems.net/gba.htm

I'm currently in the process of building a TV-Gear (it's probably going to be quite large though) together with a friend who actually has electronics knowledge. We ordered quite a lot of spare parts, so maybe if we get it working with enough parts left we could build another one :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:29 am
rbudrick. wrote
I think one guy out there sells them, but I no longer have the link. I think he made them himself. Does this ring a bell to anyone? I remember this from the old boards...

Well, these are the old boards, and it was in this thread. Try this:

http://w3.trib.com/~rollo/VIDEOGAME.html

or it seems they're trying to be at:

http://www.bomarc.org/catalogsmenu.php
bomarc.org wrote
"ON THE VERY FORESKIN OF TECHNOLOGY!"
:S
Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:15 pm
Owwww... That last one sounds really evil :P

But well, thanks for the link, it might be usefull!
rbudrick.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:30 pm
I would gladly pay the $58 as mentioned in an earlier post. Please let me know :)

Yeah, same here. I messed mine up enough, I'm sure. It doesn't even have to be a finished board, just a kit. It would be awesome if someone made professional PCBs for these...a PCB designed to be as small as possible so ic can be internal, or fit in a small box along an external cable.

-Rob

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:43 pm
Well as already mentionned somewhere, the new pcb version is nearly completed, and is far more smaller, once again be patient, it's not my only project ;)
Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:37 pm
Yeah, I'm starting to put mine together somewhere next week, it doesn't need to be that small anyway. The screen is busted, so that will be removed opening up quite a lot of space to put in a bulky handmade pcb :P
Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:28 am
xavier, sounds great. :) Fortunately my 2 asci Game Gear still outputs video from the chips, the screen is just bust (which is okay since I'm removing it).

xavier, I saw that you mentioned you couldn't come up with a 1 asci solution because you don't own a 1 asci Game Gear. Would you be up to figuring out the mod if I gave you mine? I'll ship it to you, all you have to do is say the word (and give me your address of course ;)

Also, if you want to make the SMALLEST video board you could use the SOIC versions of the chip as seen here:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&sto...

I'm going to build one using the regualr DIP chips once I get the parts on tomorrow...maybe eventually I could make an SOIC version...

Oh and one more thing: you mentioned that people weren't interested enough in this. There are tons of people out there that would LOVE to buy your PCB sets if they knew about this mod...I can refer some to you :)

-Segasonicfan
rbudrick.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:06 pm
Well as already mentionned somewhere, the new pcb version is nearly completed, and is far more smaller, once again be patient, it's not my only project ;)

Oh, ok. I didn't know you were still doing that, heh heh (I must have missed where you said you were almost done. Sorry about that.) :-) That's very cool, Xavier.

-Rob

m0nk3y
Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:25 am
Xavier: I would be very interested in purchasing a pre-made GG-TV board from you. I'm also very impressed by your PCE Sonic conversion; good luck with that.

Anyway, I've been checking-up (lurking!) on this project for quite a while, and I'm very impressed you guys have finally cracked the problem, and have perfect TV output. So, on a sort-of-related-but-not-quite level, how about taking a crack at a NeoGeo Pocket Colour?

I understand this GG-TV project came about to replicate the official Sega GG Dev units that had a TV out. Well, here's a pic of a NGPC dev unit, with RGB, S-Vid and composite out. No idea where you'd find one to disect though?

http://photobucket.com/albums/c21/neoego/

Just thought I'd throw this out there to you guys and see if anyone is interested in such a project. I'm sure there's plenty of people over at the Neo-Geo.com forums that'd be mighty impressed. Saying that, I'm sure there's many people who would want a GG-TV for $60! But playing KoF R2 and the Metal Slugs on TV would be great!

Oh, and as for ready built RGB encoders try either J-Rok.com or NeoBITZ.com.

Cheers guys

rbudrick.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:19 pm
m0nk3y, I think folks would need a lot more close up pics/scans to RE that thing, heh heh. To be honest, I'd bet Brian Provinciano could figure it out just using a NGPC...he figured out tv circuits for original Gameboy, Game.com, and GameKing.

Cool pic, btw, Thanks. :-)

-Rob

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:50 pm
I understand this GG-TV project came about to replicate the official Sega GG Dev units that had a TV out. Well, here's a pic of a NGPC dev unit, with RGB, S-Vid and composite out. No idea where you'd find one to disect though?

Actually Tv-Gear concept is pretty simple, it just deinterlace the 4bits digital video bus and convert it into analog RVB, plus the synchro signal is already avaible, a reason of such simplicity is maybe a legacy of the original TMS chip...

Problem with NGP is his video chip, it's an original product, build with no TV output in mind.
Maybe LCD signal is near of the GG one maybe not, it would be interresting thought :)

I'd bet Brian Provinciano could figure it out just using a NGPC...he figured out tv circuits for original Gameboy,

Yes he may have some tips about it!

On the new pcb side, I have yet some problem with static and isolation, but I think it'll be resolved once in the GG shielded shell. I must yet do some more test.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:06 pm
Hello. Hopefully someone can answer this for me. Does the tv tuner display through the TV-GEAR to the tv? Thanks.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:11 pm
No, it does not. It only converts the GG video output to an NTSC signal. Why would you want to do that, btw?

-Rob
Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:05 am
I got about eight game gears, three of which are 2 ASIC versions. So im trying alot of different mods, mainly eleminating the horrible backlight. As for the TV-Gear, when im done it will be enclosed inside the GG (not in the battery compartment), I got most of the pcb Designed using soic chips but will go smaller like tssop if I can get ahold of them. The reason for asking about the tv tuner, I have an auto tuner for the GG and am still looking for a small sd card media playing device with tv out and no screen (be nice to take on a trip to watch movies with just a few sd cards). When im done, the only visible difference in the GG will be one switch and an S-video like port on the bottom of the GG and will use all Sega Saturn video adapters. All this will be internal of course and look like it was supposed to be there. Theres plenty of room for modding inside a game gear if a person just takes there time in where they place components. Any other modding ideas you might think would be cool in a game gear, just let me know. Thanks for the reply.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:52 pm
Sounds very interesting. For the sake of consistency, it would be cool if you made a new thread on this. I'd like to see the progress on it and I'd bet others would too!

-Rob
Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:21 am

I got about eight game gears, three of which are 2 ASIC versions. So im trying alot of different mods, mainly eleminating the horrible backlight

Not so sure how you would do that since the lighting is not the problem but the screen itself :/

As for the TV-Gear, when im done it will be enclosed inside the GG (not in the battery compartment), I got most of the pcb Designed using soic chips

I'm doing the same thing :)

I have an auto tuner for the GG

I've never heard of this...do you have any pics/links?

well, some of you might be sick of this topic but I'd still like to keep it alive ;) Hopefully Xavier has made some headway. I just finished my PSTwo Portable so I'll be working on this again along with my MVS.

-Segasonicfan

P.S. if anyone's interested, I wrote up a (IMHO) great little schematic on the AD725 RGB-> chroma encoder. You can find in the Neo Geo section of my website:

http://www.freewebs.com/segasonicfan
Horrible backlight and other mods...
Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:00 am

Not so sure how you would do that since the lighting is not the problem but the screen itself :/

Actually, I have made alot of headway, yes the screen is horrible, but since changing out the screen is not acceptable for me I figue if I can create an alternative backlighting solution (with no noticable loss of light to the end user), It would save alot on power usage, so far I am making amazing headway in this area.

I'm doing the same thing :)

So far my design is promising, unfortunatly because of they way I buy my parts, I will have enough spare parts to make about 200 hundred units even though I only really need 2. I am at a stand still right now though, I am waiting on a deal for some cxa1645 chroma encoders, If that goes through it should be a solid setup.

http://gyo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/hard/gg/tvauto.htm

I had also heard of this before but never believed they existed until I saw one on ebay one night and was lucky enough to win it. It works incredibly well and as far as I can tell is very rare.
  • Site Admin
Re: Horrible backlight and other mods...
Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:49 pm
MOD-MAN wrote

http://gyo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/hard/gg/tvauto.htm

Aha, a TV tuner with a digital PLL tuner instead of a nasty analogue dial, hence the "auto" part. But do you have the Beeshu FM tuner?
Re: Horrible backlight and other mods...
Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:18 pm
[quote="Maxim"]

Aha, a TV tuner with a digital PLL tuner instead of a nasty analogue dial, hence the "auto" part. But do you have the Beeshu FM tuner?

I do not have the FM tuner, I have seen it on ebay. Question, Does it work well? I want to add an internal FM tuner with another speaker for stereo output down the road but will go with a small one that I can easily pack away inside the game gear. As for the TV Tuner (I know some of you might not like the idea if your collectors), I am pretty sure I can fit the TV tuner inside the game gear, I think that will be an interesting project.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:29 am
wow, thanks for the link. that is a relaly nice little niche game gear item. How much did you win it for? BTW, I would recommend you use the AD725 instead of the CXA1645 (especially since it's free and far easier to obtain).

-Segasonicfan
TV Auto Tuner
Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:03 am
I got it through Buy It Now for I think $45.00US. An interesting note, I think it only sold in Japan mainly because the manual is all in Japanese except a few pages with a few words in english, "Only for use in Japan". It works great over here in the US though. Also, for the TV-gear, Im trying somethng different, I am going to try and mimic sega's version by using an actual video dac chip. I will let ya know about my status.
T-wood1130
single ASIC GG
Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:56 pm
So has anyone figured out how someone could get RGB or analog out on a single ASIC game gear? The game gear i am using for this is serial #k31211344 if that helps at all. And the asic i have has the number:315-5535.

T-Wood

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:31 pm
The 1 ASIC design is still being worked on by one or two board members...hopefully some good news will come about soon. I won't mention who it is, though, as they may want to not release too much detail just yet, which is certainly not to say that I know much of anything about its progress.

-Rob
Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:25 am
Last edited by segasonicfan on Mon May 29, 2006 7:18 am; edited 3 times in total
I am also very interested in a 1 ASIC mod.... I finished my 2 ASIC mod and wrote up a slightly improved schematic:

Click to see full-size

-Segasonicfan

EDIT, the schem was wrong (R and G swapped) so I corrected it...
100_0259.jpg (253.62 KB)
100_0259.jpg

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:43 pm
Very nice, SSF! I noticed there's 5 VRs on the board, but only 4 on the schematic. Since I couldn't see the bottom of the board, I was wondering about what the extra one was for. Oh, and are the capactors going to be added to the schematic? I only see the ICs and resistors on there. BTW, do the LEDs just show whether power is coming in?

What's that board you used to convert the RGB to composite?

And what's that board you made the circuit on? It doens't appear to be a generic grid-like one (or maybe you are just very neat). I take it that's a custom board, but did you have it printed up, or make it yourself?

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54212&postdays=0&postord...

Using the same technique, could we determine for sure the 1 and 2 ASIC GGs?

-Rob
Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:58 pm
The extra VR is just a 500 ohm adjustable for C Sync...Since Xavier put 270ohms between the Sync signal I figured it wouldn't hurt to put a VR there. I've actually found it rather useless though, so I didn't include it in the schematic. The caps are nothing but power bypass...I always go overboard with my power regulation and this board is no exception ;) I bypassed each chip with .1u and also put 220u, 100u, and 2.2u at the input. I also added a rectifier diode for polarity protection. None of this is necessary to get the circuit working, just extra stuff I like to add. The LED is just a simple power on one and the pic is dark so you can't tell, but it's really not a custom board. It's just simple ol breadboard :)

I actually have a couple RGB->Composite encoders I built and a RGB->Component converter. All work flawlessly with the GG and you can see all the info+pics of them on my website: www.freewebs.com/segasonicfan
The AD725 is best suited for this project but you have to use a sync splitter and input H and V sync seperately or otherwise the picture bounces. Other than that it works great :)

-Segasonicfan
Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:09 pm
The extra VR is just a 500 ohm adjustable for C Sync...Since Xavier put 270ohms between the Sync signal I figured it wouldn't hurt to put a VR there. I've actually found it rather useless though, so I didn't include it in the schematic.

Oh, right, duh...I forgot about that!

The caps are nothing but power bypass...I always go overboard with my power regulation and this board is no exception ;) I bypassed each chip with .1u and also put 220u, 100u, and 2.2u at the input. I also added a rectifier diode for polarity protection.

Right, but would still be cool to see in the schematic, just for completists' sakes, heh heh. Easier to understand for a novice like myself, too (which is the more important reason, lol).

The AD725 is best suited for this project but you have to use a sync splitter and input H and V sync seperately or otherwise the picture bounces. Other than that it works great :)

Oh, ok. Did you build that correction into the circuit so it appears seemless? Or does it still have that problem? How does it compare to the commercial converters? Any idea what it cost to make (and more importantly, do you sell them?)?

-Rob
Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:07 am
Yea, I'll update thte schematic a bit. I did add in the AD725 correction, it works perfectly now :) I can make you one if you want for $60.

-Segasonicfan
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:05 am

Wow... your soldering looks like mine, except yours is on purpose!
Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:37 pm
Maxim wrote

Quick! Throw it in the smelter before it reforms and kills John Connor!
Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Last edited by rbudrick on Fri May 26, 2006 7:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
I can make you one if you want for $60.

Quite possibly, yeah. I guess I was mostly still wondering how it compares to commercial items like these:

http://www.js-technology.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=97e7ba25902f51f62deab6b816cc05d9
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=30782&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=S...
http://www.syncblaster.com/RGB2S.html
http://www.keene.co.uk/cgi-bin/bigcodesearch.pl?RGB2S

I know, that's a tough question to answer if you haven't used them before. :-) Note: in the second link, you must replace the * symbols with the letter O. For some reason it will not let me post that link, as it thinks SE O is a spam word of some sort.

EDIT: links corrected per Heliophobe's post below

Also, you will notice some of these items go from SCART-Component, others SCART to composite and s-video, but does anyone know of one that does them all? VGA ,or DVI, or HDMI also would be a bonus.

-Rob
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:50 pm
We were getting spammed by (or for, at least) a company called SEO promotions., so that made it onto the spam words list. I've taken it off, though, so feel free to correct those links.
1-ASIC TV-GEAR
Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:57 pm
OK... Status so far, looking good.

The 1-asic design so far is looking promising. I am having a little trouble getting the correct clock frequency, I just received an order of 74175 to divide the main clock crystal by six using the flip-flops, if that is in fact the pixel clock then it might just work. All the ic's that I am using are soic and I just used my last adapter board the other day, so I have to make some more boards before I can continue. If I can pull the signal off the crystal directly without much trouble to the game gears operation then it is possible to assume that this version will be compatible with any game gear you throw at it, 1 or 2 asic versions. The circuit is by far more complex than Xaviors in that it uses far more components and keeps growing as I get closer but heck, if it works then every one will be happy. I will keep you posted as I move forward.
Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:33 pm
GREAT to know someone's still working on the mod. The 1 ASICs are so much more common and I'd love universal mod. I don't mind if the mod is more complex, I think the 2 ASIC is very easy, so I'm not concerned at all ;)

rbudrick-
The commercial encoders likely have the exact same parts my encoder has. There aren't very many one-chip RGB-NTSC encoders out there and I'm sure they all use variants. The best are the CXA1645, CXA2075, and AD725. These are what my boards are and they are likely higher quality output than commerial work because I go to great lengths to perfect the video (I'm a maniac for video quality). The only downside to these boards (and I'm not sure if it's the same for the commercial ones) is that the composite output is not ideal. There are some oscillations in thin lines but I have researched this (and been told) this is due to an unprocessed RGB input. There is no way to correct this other than using a system that supports RGB->composite output like most home gaming consoles. The S-Video is damn good though and it looks the same if not better than anything you will get from a console.

-Segasonicfan
Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:21 am
just to let you guys know the schem was slightly wrong as the R and G inputs were wrong. I corrected it and took my own pic for the D0-D3 and chip lines.
upclose inst.JPG (192.55 KB)
upclose inst.JPG

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:05 pm
Happy to see some people working on the 1 Asic version ;)

I just received an order of 74175 to divide the main clock crystal by six using the flip-flops, if that is in fact the pixel clock then it might just work

I can't test it, but I had a little idea, using a decimal divider ( type 74HC4017) instead of binary one, maybe you can drive correctly the RGB latchs?
But you must yet found the correct clock signal....

BTW about using a variable resistor for sync, it's normaly not usefull, the TV input for sync signal is 1V peak to peak under 75hom.
If you take as output GG value standard 5V, then a quick calculation give you 270ohm for your output value.
Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:12 pm
Xavier, you're still alive! :)

I hope you guys can figure out the 1ASIC mod, getting the 2 chip GGs is DAMN hard.... :(

-Segasonicfan
At a standstill......
Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:52 am
Hello everyone,
Ok, first off, I have been kind of busy with other needs in my life so this project took a major stand still for a bit but I am still going to try and crack this. I could use some help from others on any ideas that might be useful. Xavier, The 74hc4017 is a good idea but I cant seem to find a useful signal to control the latches, so, I went a different route, I ordered an analog devices adv7120 video dac (used in some old video consoles) and have been playing with that to try and eliminate the need for latch controls, then, and this is where the work stoped, I was going to try and pull off of the 32.2159mhz crystal on the gg's main board using a 74hct04 and then use a 74hct175 to divide the crystals clock by 6 giving the correct pixel clock. I came close, I got solid video from each seperate color but have yet to play with it some more. I also must have crossed some wires at one point and think I fried my RGB to composite encoder or the adv7120 and have just ran out of time. Like I said earlier, If this is a solution, it should work with both the 1 and 2 asic versions. As soon as I get more time I will start working on this again as I have wanted to do this for a long time and this place got me fired up again. Thanks.
Matt KE6ALM
PC board for surface mount devices
Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:41 am
Hey kids,

I've just finished doing up a PC Board that uses surface mount devices based on the most recent schematic I found here. I've included the top & bottom silkscreen, PCBA etch patterns, a parts list, a redrawn schematic, and the PCBA file in Eagle CAD format in case you want to run off and get a board made. Have fun with it but you may not make and sell for more than the actual cost of goods any products using this PCBA without my permission (Xavier's rights to the original schematic notwithstanding).

Your choice of file formats for the package, ZIP or RAR.
http://members.cox.net/ke6alm/GGTV-SMD_PCBA.rar
http://members.cox.net/ke6alm/GGTV-SMD_PCBA.zip

I'm really interested in trying to pursue a more "universal" solution. If anyone has the GG schematics please contact me off-list. There should be more than enough information in the URLs above for you to figure this out. . .

Matt KE6ALM
GGTV-Schem.png (27.32 KB)
[Admin: added copy as attachment]
GGTV-Schem.png
GGTV-PCBA.zip (51.52 KB)
[Admin: added copy as attachment]

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:00 pm
Thanks for all your work my friend, but I'm sorry there is an error, the pull-down 1K resistors are not correctly put, they all must be placed in parralel between ground and digital signal :(
Matt KE6ALM
New version of GGTV PCBA
Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:40 am
xavier wrote
Thanks for all your work my friend, but I'm sorry there is an error, the pull-down 1K resistors are not correctly put, they all must be placed in parralel between ground and digital signal :(

Pas de problème. Je l'ai fixé en quinze minutes. :-)

While I was fixing the problem with the schematic, I took a little extra time to move things around to reduce the size of the board a little bit. I should mention that the current board size is 38,1 x 29,2 mm (1.50 x 1.15 inches). The BMP artwork I have created is saved at 300 dpi resolution for those who want nice output on a laser printer.

New files, same name (though I added a separate schematic):

http://members.cox.net/ke6alm/GGTV-Schem.png
http://members.cox.net/ke6alm/GGTV-PCBA.zip
http://members.cox.net/ke6alm/GGTV-PCBA.rar

The reason I requested anyone with schematics to contact me is that I am most interested in looking at the connections to the LCD. I pretend to be an engineer and therefore I might be able to figure out an alternative circuit that will work with any GG. Given that I just bought three GGs off eBay, I suppose I could order a set from someone. . .

Matt KE6ALM
GGTV-Schem.png (35.57 KB)
GGTV-Schem.png
GGTV-PCBA.rar (39.47 KB)
GGTV-PCBA.zip (51.52 KB)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:51 pm
Wow, awesome! Thanks, Matt. This is for the 2 ASIC only models, I take it? Just wanted to be sure. :-)

EDIT: well judging from the pin labels on the board, I gues sthat answers my question, lol. I should have payed more attention. :)

-Rob
WooHoo!!! Im getting a new toy!!!!
Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:44 am
Hey everyone,
I got a new toy for my collection being delivered in the next few days. Are you ready..... Its a developers game gear. It cost me a small fortune but I think it is worth it as it is one of the more rarer of game gear hardware items in existance. Anyways, with it I should be able to see what sega really did to get video from there game gears. I will keep you posted on what my findings are in a few weeks, so stay tuned.
Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:54 am
Wow MOD-MAN, that's fantastic. I don't even want to think about what that cost you :P Keep us updated with your findings!

I'm working on a built-in converter with the pot controls installed outside the GG> It's coming along nicely and I'll post pics when I'm done.

Also, since I just got a full RGB broadcast monitor (PVM-2530, it's beautiful) I finally got to witness the Game Gear in FULL RGB.....all I can say is it puts emulation to shame ;) Simply gorgeous.

-Segasonicfan
Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:51 pm
Hey everyone,
I got a new toy for my collection being delivered in the next few days. Are you ready..... Its a developers game gear. It cost me a small fortune but I think it is worth it as it is one of the more rarer of game gear hardware items in existance. Anyways, with it I should be able to see what sega really did to get video from there game gears. I will keep you posted on what my findings are in a few weeks, so stay tuned.

Damn...I've been looking for one of those for years. I even offered $500 to someone years ago and they didn't take it. Beware, though...the major part of the Official GG-RGB board is coated in some kind of rubber, iirc.

-Rob
Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:49 am
Hi there, glad to see people are still working on the 1 ASIC mod.

Anyways, I just realised I never posted the pics from th 2 ASIC mod I finished last year.
Here they are if somone is still interested:

http://www.students.tut.fi/~tiainen2/GG/
chip1.jpg (79.99 KB)
chip1.jpg
chip2.jpg (72.42 KB)
chip2.jpg
chip3.jpg (65.7 KB)
chip3.jpg
chip4.jpg (65.78 KB)
chip4.jpg
chip5.jpg (75.5 KB)
chip5.jpg
mb1.jpg (130.7 KB)
mb1.jpg
mb2.jpg (140.96 KB)
mb2.jpg
mb3.jpg (142.34 KB)
mb3.jpg
mb4.jpg (137.93 KB)
mb4.jpg
assembly.jpg (77.26 KB)
assembly.jpg

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:29 pm
Hey guys, I'm really happy, to see your progress since winter.
'think, finally the time has come to announce my request. I'm a GG fan, but there is no way I could get my GG display fixed, and therefore I'd like to purchase a TV-Gear from You.. Could someone possibly help me??
Thanx
Carry
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!